What grade would you give Kirk Ciarrocca in his Gophers return?

• A

Votes: 78 52.3%
  • B

Votes: 62 41.6%
  • C

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Thought he might want to be extra flashy for his return, but he still played pretty vanilla since it was a non-conference game, so B

Complete control. Superior athletes and did not put them in a position to fail. Very even keel.

The offense seemed to move with purpose and took advantage of the two deep safeties. I don't think we saw enough of the passing attach to see if it is "back." However, I will say that Morgan looked a ton more accurate. I wish we would have seen 1 deep ball thrown but it didn't happen.

However, I will say that Morgan looked a ton more accurate.
I also thought he looked good going through his progressions multiple times yesterday, at least better than I remember last year.

Not sure how this is anything but an "A" performance. To those grading this performance on a curve, what would Kirk have had to do in order to earn an A? Scheduling is out of his hands, and he had our offense firing on all cylinders. He did his job about as well as possible. Not sure why factors outside of his control would be held against him.

Not sure how this is anything but an "A" performance. To those grading this performance on a curve, what would Kirk have had to do in order to earn an A? Scheduling is out of his hands, and he had our offense firing on all cylinders. He did his job about as well as possible. Not sure why factors outside of his control would be held against him.
It was a very solid B in my opinion after we did exactly what we needed to win. I can understand both grades, however I still would have liked to see us put up 50 on a team like that for an A. The defense would get an A from me for the shutout.

It was a very solid B in my opinion after we did exactly what we needed to win. I can understand both grades, however I still would have liked to see us put up 50 on a team like that for an A. The defense would get an A from me for the shutout.
I can see where you're coming from, but would you have really preferred it if Kirk left in the starters to run up the score to 50? Imagine if we got to 50 points at the expense of losing an offensive starter. I guess in my view putting up 38 points was doing more than what we needed to win. The fact that we could rotate in less experienced players so early was a testament to how strong the offensive performance was overall.

I also thought he looked good going through his progressions multiple times yesterday, at least better than I remember last year.
We only ran the play clock down to a second a couple times. Mostly snapped with four or five seconds. Indicates KC will run an organized pre-snap and settle on the call before panic time. Good to see.

Went with B. TEs got some throws!

Yeah, 50 is good if the other guys have 35 but 38-0 at the end of three quarters seems adequate.

A - The team is getting their sea legs with new crew combos. Why show much to MSU, Purdue, and PSU? KC stuck to what was working. I am okay with that.

A, the Gophers could have put up 600 yards, easily. No turnovers, no obvious mental errors, no hope for NMSU. They not only did what they were suppose to, they did it without flaws. Those of you who are giving them less than an A, God bless.

Not having to watch Morgan constipate and stare at the sidelines during the pre-snap was a thing of beauty. Thank you PJ and thank your Kirk.

One stat that I heard a commentator make and loved was 7 passes 6 different receivers.

For me it’s a B+ just because of the game plan. I know it’s probably best to go in control the time of possession and leave with a win and no injuries. A+ In that regard. However, IMO I think these first few games could be used to really establish Morgan and the passing game, with the hopes of building some confidence heading into conference play. I worry that if we get too run focused early on against these easier teams that our passing game won’t be up to the level we need it be when the time comes. Loved that first drive, would like to see just a little more of that balance next week, but I was overall very happy with the game and execution.

Yeah, 50 is good if the other guys have 35 but 38-0 at the end of three quarters seems adequate.
Especially with an opponent under a hundred yards and we held the ball for 44 minutes (insane stats).

Top Bottom