What Gopher sport do you have the most pride in?

Best “Gopher” sport is

• Wrestling - we can turn out WWE entertainers!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Otis

Reaction score
Where does your fan loyalty to the Gophers expose you to the biggest chance for a let down?

Is it the same sport we should have the most success in?

Is it where Minnesota has the most credibility?

To me, all these things are part of being a true fan of U sports.

Now then which sport does the best to represent the Gophers?

Basketball was always the gopher sport I followed the most closely.

Now it is probably football. They seem to have that program somewhat figured out. Bball seems to still be a mess. Hockey, I could care less about as it's such a niche sport. Softball is fun to watch but they have struggled recently too.

Football is the one I care the most about. Basketball used to be second but Hockey may replace it if they don't find a way to restore some sanity to the sport in terms of rosters.

Baseball and basketball have always been my favorites. Both are painful to watch now.

Growing up basketball had always been my favorite but my vested interest is really being tested.

1) I can't stand college basketball anymore. Crazy how a sport went from being one of my favorite sports to least...
2) It is hard to follow the team when you don't have 3-4 years to get to know the players. It takes me until mid-January to even know who is on our team.
3) It appears the U doesn't value basketball and they are not putting many resources into the program.

Being a Gopher Basketball fan is one of the most challenging things in world history.

You literally have to be a glutton for punishment. Going up against all odds. It's like hoping a machine moves in one direction...when all the gears are set up to move in the opposite direction.

Obviously hoops. I kinda follow football. I used to get fired up about the baseball team when I was in high school and college. I always try to keep track of the wrestling team, will check in on their section of the website a couple of times per month in season. Don't see much of them, but highlights of the womens gymnastics team are entertaining. They're amazing athletes, and the team is pretty good right now too! Definitely worth rooting for.

For me, it is hockey, but I always look at those team's results as a glass half empty due to the expectation level. I'm a glass half full fan for football and basketball.

Gopher Volleyball had a nice run where the program was nationally-ranked every season and made some deep runs in the playoffs. Hit a speed bump with McCutcheon stepping down and some player movement. Hope the new coach can settle things down.

but when the VB team is playing well and the Pav is packed, that might be the most fun sport on campus.

The word pride doesn't fit for me. Which Gopher team do I agonize most about or with?
I think it's always been the same...football season it's always been football. Come winter basketball is just as fervent and replaces football. Women's basketball is probably third.
I like baseball a lot but the Gophers gotta be playing well enough to attract my attention...hasn't happened for several years. Softball was hot a few years ago....volleyball the same.
Hockey....I watched us try and stall out the final two periods of the championship...I'm not sure if they get there again I could bear to watch.
One of us crazy Gopherholers needs to win enough money from the lottery we turn into some deep pockets booster demanding excellence with the millions we are funding our NIL coffers with.

Hockey, favorite sport to watch plus a sport that the gopher’s should be highly competitive in year to year due to in-state talent.

Top Bottom