What freshmen do you think will have the biggest impact this season?

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
Who's our young Gophs that are going to be a big part of the season?

Assume you are including RS freshman, such as Anthony Smith and Zach Evans (?). Or true freshman only?

Daniel House on GGR was high on Theo Randle. Seems like that's a spot we might be thin at, so he might get a chance to make some noise. Otherwise Anthony Smith all day.

If Darius Taylor is taking first team reps with Tyler, then he is the obvious choice.

Assume you are including RS freshman, such as Anthony Smith and Zach Evans (?). Or true freshman only?
I'm thinking Anthony Smith and Zach Evans are going to have really big impacts and challenge for playing time this year, to the point they will be hard to keep off the field.

Zach Evans has the look of a breakout player and the next killer RB for the Gophers.

Most of the likely names have been mentioned. I think we will have a much better idea who might make an impact once we see how the rotations are used tonight and who is getting snaps.

Coleman Bryson. Our mountain boys kick ass. I still can’t believe we stole him.

Last edited:

If Darius Taylor is taking first team reps with Tyler, then he is the obvious choice.

RB Darius Taylor -- who often played slot receiver in high school -- should become become a force:

"As a senior, rushed 268 times for 2,450 yards and 36 touchdowns (rushing yards and touchdowns broke school records set by Arnie Gillert in 1992, which were 2,178 yards and 32 touchdowns) • caught 14 passes for 292 yards and one touchdown • set single-game school records for rushing yards (438 against Milford), touchdowns (6, which he did three times) and points (36, which he did three times) • named 2022 MHSFCA First Team All-State, First Team All-State by the Detroit Free Press, All-Region, Lakes Valley First Team All-Conference, MLive Metro Detroit Football Dream Team and Detroit News All-North First Team"

Maverick Baranowski, he will be thrown right into the fire tonight. Love the name Maverick too.

Baranowski starts out in the lead. Still many games for others to assert themselves.

Maverick Baranowski, he will be thrown right into the fire tonight. Love the name Maverick too.
I agree. Though they'll have to peel the license plate off his chest from that Husker running back that ran him over tonight.

Top Bottom