What do you think Kaler will do with Tubby?

What do you think Kaler with do with Tubby?

• He will extend Tubby

Votes: 36 53.7%
  • He will not extend Tubby and let him coach another year without an extension

Votes: 26 38.8%
  • He will fire Tubby

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters

he will get an extension. not deserving but not much else can be done without the new AD on the job at least through next season. whatever the extension is hopefully it is a decrease in the buyout which I believe is how Brewster's and Lucia's buyouts went.

He will be extended. He doesn't deserve it. Best case senerio the young guys with Mo Walker back actually get better and go to the NCCA tourny next year. Jones and Vaughn stay home and makes us an elite team and we all live happily ever after.

Fires Tubby, then gives him a years salary to stay around as a fund raiser. The Maturi plan part dos.

I hope he extends him with an almost entirely incentive based salary. Tubby should only be coaching if he still has the fire and motivation to do so, and he should be forced to prove it if he wants to get paid.

That's reasonable.

Flip as head coach with Trent Tucker as an assistant to teach these kids how to shoot the ball would be the ideal scenario in my opinion. Flip would take the job, and I believe Trent would welcome the opportunity with open arms to coach his alma mater with Flip. I'd like to think that Flip and Tucker could walk into just about any living room in the country and sell a recruit and his family. They both know NBA talent, have coached and played at the highest level, and are University of Minnesota alumni. All they have to say is that we wouldn't be recruiting that individual if they didn't envision them playing at the next level, which they feel they can get them there by attending the University of Minnesota. I could go on and on with the sales pitch, selling the University of Minnesota shouldn't be that difficult under the right circumstances.

I have long been in Tubby's corner due to the amount of equity he has built in the profession, but my patience has worn quite thin. I have gotten to the point that I'd love to see the scenario that you described play out. I don't know if it would work, or would even happen, but it can't be any worse than the current situation.

flip has deeper bags under his eyes than tubby..
but do his bags bleed maroon&gold?
does he still have a house in Medina?
also, didn't he have a son that was a grad assistant with the U? what became of him?

And dont forget the boycott by certain high school programs around here when Monson was hired. that may be water under the bridge now.. as the 'local high school programs' have given way to an AAU generation.

also, tubby has not lost a local recruit.. yet.

As dumb as this sounds in a perfect world if I were Kaler I would tell Tubby to sign either combination in the spring signing period or your gone:
1. Five star recruit+another three star
2. Two four star recruits

Of course not happening.

Kind of unrealistic. How about no "spring recruits." That's what's killing us.

As dumb as this sounds in a perfect world if I were Kaler I would tell Tubby to sign either combination in the spring signing period or your gone:
1. Five star recruit+another three star
2. Two four star recruits

Of course not happening.

The funny part about this is that I'm sure you don't understand just how dumb this does sound. Have you ever talked with anyone who rates these kids? More often than not when I meet these guys it becomes very clear to me why they are rating kids and not coaching. The fact that you're willing to hire or fire someone based on these rating is just about the dumbest thing I have ever read on a message board.

The funny part about this is that I'm sure you don't understand just how dumb this does sound. Have you ever talked with anyone who rates these kids? More often than not when I meet these guys it becomes very clear to me why they are rating kids and not coaching. The fact that you're willing to hire or fire someone based on these rating is just about the dumbest thing I have ever read on a message board.

Yes...strange post. +1

Also, Tubby will get extended

Hire Flip as a "co-coach" - kind of like the PSU situation where Joe Pa was a mere figurehead but his name was well reknowned before the Sandusky thing...

The even funnier thing about it is that there are two other big reasons why it doesn't make any sense.
1. We have no scholarships available.
2. There are only a few 4 and 5 star guys unsigned right now and I don't think we ever recruited any of them.

Enough of this Flip as coach crap. Has not been around college or recruiting in over a decade. Couldn't even survive in the NBA. I don't care if he was a Gopher years ago - Enough!

Enough of this Flip as coach crap. Has not been around college or recruiting in over a decade. Couldn't even survive in the NBA. I don't care if he was a Gopher years ago - Enough!

16 years as a Head Coach in the NBA with a winning record.

I'd say that is surviving.

Exactly. Some people can only remember the last thing they saw.

Like fans do when they base Tubby's U of M tenure on the last 14 months and completely dismiss the first three years here. You're right, most Gopher fans do only remember the last thing they saw.

Top Bottom