What do you think Gray's ceiling is?

His ceiling? Sky's the limit. He's not limited physically in any way. He's big, he's fast and he's agile. If he can get the mental part of the game down, making the right read and the right throw, I see his ceiling as Donovan McNabb, circa 1998.

His ceiling? Sky's the limit. He's not limited physically in any way. He's big, he's fast and he's agile. If he can get the mental part of the game down, making the right read and the right throw, I see his ceiling as Donovan McNabb, circa 1998.
Agree 100% or higher...much harder to tackle

Heisman......:cool:

Seriously though, he has tools to be one of the best QBs out there IMO, at least in the B1G. He's got a strong arm, though accuracy could be an issue and his undoing. He's got the legs to be mobile obviously, he's got what appears to be strong leadership qualities and the want to, based on this offseason. I don't see why he couldn't be one of the best out there. It's all gotta materialize on the field, but if we're talking ceiling, I think his ceiling has to be top level starter at least.

Heisman......:cool:

Seriously though, he has tools to be one of the best QBs out there IMO, at least in the B1G. He's got a strong arm, though accuracy could be an issue and his undoing. He's got the legs to be mobile obviously, he's got what appears to be strong leadership qualities and the want to, based on this offseason. I don't see why he couldn't be one of the best out there. It's all gotta materialize on the field, but if we're talking ceiling, I think his ceiling has to be top level starter at least.

We should have a pretty good feel for that following the first B1G game.

It's higher than Tyrelle Pryor's.

Could become best QB many on here can remember. Seriously, it's mental at this point for him.

He needs to prove he can make consistent throws, yet to see too many quality balls albeit small sample size.

Guessing a 9 foot ceiling would be sufficient, could probably get by with a lower one if the apartment he really liked had it.

Could become best QB many on here can remember. Seriously, it's mental at this point for him.

I disagree. I don't think it's the mental aspect at all that'd be holding him back. He's an extremely intelligent kid and as he's already proven to the coaches that he's mentally eating up more info than they expected from him.

To me, what will 'slow' him down is his consistent accuracy. I have a very small sample size, of course, but that was his glaring weakness that I've noticed (past 2+ years of in game throws and his spring game outings). If he gets more accurate, the world's the limit for this guy.

My two main concerns--is he a fumbler. He has shown a little tendency for that. Also is he a good decision maker. Some are some arent. Get those two down and i have no worries.

Gray's ceiling???? damned if I know, it is over my head.

My two main concerns--is he a fumbler. He has shown a little tendency for that. Also is he a good decision maker. Some are some arent. Get those two down and i have no worries.

Someone please correct me if my memory is bad, but the fumble problems seemed to be a 2009 season issue. I don't recall seeing them last year.

there is a difference between having 3-4 fumbles your first two years as a college player and being a fumbler.

There is no ceiling

I bet it's one of those popcorn textured ones

Close your eyes. Think of Denard Robinson, Terrel Pryor and Cam Newton all in one. If you can't see the ceiling, you get the picture.:cool:

I disagree. I don't think it's the mental aspect at all that'd be holding him back. He's an extremely intelligent kid and as he's already proven to the coaches that he's mentally eating up more info than they expected from him.

To me, what will 'slow' him down is his consistent accuracy. I have a very small sample size, of course, but that was his glaring weakness that I've noticed (past 2+ years of in game throws and his spring game outings). If he gets more accurate, the world's the limit for this guy.

I don't think there is one. Most of the time he entered the game(S) late and only for one or a few plays. Even Weber as a starter, often had to "settle" into a game. I think as a starter he will be more in the flow and won't be so jacked up. With that said, I could easily see his accuracy increasing greatly from reps and being in the flow alone.

I don't think there is one. Most of the time he entered the game(S) late and only for one or a few plays. Even Weber as a starter, often had to "settle" into a game. I think as a starter he will be more in the flow and won't be so jacked up. With that said, I could easily see his accuracy increasing greatly from reps and being in the flow alone.

Oh, I agree. I'm just commenting on what I personally have seen. I have very high hopes for the guy.

Our lack of proven receivers will keep Gray's ceiling lower than it could and should be.

I'd have to say Gray's ceiling is a 10.

Wait, we're talking about the ACT, right?

He's a gentleman and a scholar. Like really, he's a good student and a really good guy. His mind is in the right place, and I think he's going to really surprise people as to just how successful he will be. There is no ceiling, his mind is right, his talent is there.

He's a gentleman and a scholar. Like really, he's a good student and a really good guy. His mind is in the right place, and I think he's going to really surprise people as to just how successful he will be. There is no ceiling, his mind is right, his talent is there.

Don't feed the trolls.

Man, I really hope he is as good as you guys think. With the way everyone thinks he will play and with the excitment Kill is bringing....we could be in for one great year!

Gray to me will probably top out somewhere near Adam Webers top season when he was 2nd team All Big Ten. We lack top WR talent and depth at that position but we also lack an offensive line at this point. We have some great young prospects and recruits but how good will they play over the next 2 years. I question just how adapt Gray will be throwing the ball but in this offense which has shown the ability to display QB's with several skills Gray could be great.

Gray

Gray will be a 2,000 800 and 25 total TD's guy this year IMO

I will never forget the St. Thomas spring game and Gray totally outplayed Weber. Brewster did NOT properly use Gray. With the confidence Kill is instilling in him, he will be one of the top 3 qbs in the BIG this year. If everything falls right, things could get really good

What I hope I see is Gray having the ability to make plays on third down, or if he is flushed using his feet. If he can throw at 60% avoid sacks, fumbles, and costly interceptions we should be fine.

Top Bottom