What do we know about Mississippi State?

MSU only beat Lamar by 15, they went into OT against Richmond and they were drubbed by Louisville. I think the Gophers defense will keep this game close.
How good is the MSU defense and can we get good looks in our offense?
I am going out on a limb, I think we win on Sunday.

Howland has had a very impressive career . What he built at Pitt is incredible.
I don't know much about his career. I'm going off of the snapshot memory of that tournament game and the interview he did with Barrerio after the wolves drafted Shabazz when he was trying to claim that the wolves were getting a two way, team oriented, pass first player. Barrerio, who is generally a poor interviewer because he doesn't shut up, was having none of it and wouldn't let Howland off of the hook.

Height aside, he isn't going to do well guarding someone who is 6'11 245lbs. He may play but I don't think it will be effective minutes.
Obviously, I hope it's not a blow out. However, if we get rolled, I hope Johnson gives Thompson some minutes. He needs some game action. The drop off when Curry leaves the game is too huge.

Oh yeah, that game many years ago at a different school definitely changes tomorrow’s outcome
Not sure how this comment makes any sense. They are talented but have a poor coach so they will lose games they shouldn't. As Minnesota fans experienced with prior regime.

Last edited:

Not sure how this comment makes any sense. They are talented but have a poor coach so they will lose games they shouldn't. As Minnesota fans experienced with prior regime.
Lots of poor coaches make them final four three straight years.

Obviously, I hope it's not a blow out. However, if we get rolled, I hope Johnson gives Thompson some minutes. He needs some game action. The drop off when Curry leaves the game is too huge.
Agreed. I think Thompson can learn a lot by playing. Unless he is redshirting but I don’t think that’s the case

It’s located in Mississippi😎

It's also famous (or more properly infamous) for having to shuttle its players secretly to a charter plane so they could play their 1963 NCAA tournament game with eventual champ, Loyola, a team that featured 4 black starters. Although the university president, coach, and players wanted to play the game, segregationist MS politicians, including then Governor Ross Barnett, conspired to obtain an injunction forbidding the team from playing the game. Coach Babe McCarthy snuck out of town early to avoid being served with the injunction and the rest of the team joined him later. They lost to Loyola by 10.

It's also famous (or more properly infamous) for having to shuttle its players secretly to a charter plane so they could play their 1963 NCAA tournament game with eventual champ, Loyola, a team that featured 4 black starters. Although the university president, coach, and players wanted to play the game, segregationist MS politicians, including then Governor Ross Barnett, conspired to obtain an injunction forbidding the team from playing the game. Coach Babe McCarthy snuck out of town early to avoid being served with the injunction and the rest of the team joined him later. They lost to Loyola by 10.
Thanks gor sharing that story - wow - never heard it before. That could be a great TV movie.

MSU only beat Lamar by 15, they went into OT against Richmond and they were drubbed by Louisville. I think the Gophers defense will keep this game close.
How good is the MSU defense and can we get good looks in our offense?
I am going out on a limb, I think we win on Sunday.
All we do is win, win, win, win...

I will be very encouraged if this road game is a single digit loss. And I will very happy if the outcome is better than that.
I am very happy.

Top Bottom