What did Pitino say after losing to Penn State on the Road? Not much...

GopherLady

Reaction score
...but here are his blurbs from his post game interview with Mike Grimm and Spencer Tollackson:

Richard Pitino:
• It's really really hard to win when you play that type of offense in basketball. You can't win the things we did and win games. We need to look ourselves in the mirror, and continue to get better.
• DeAndre was missing layups, Joey King passed up open looks, so did Nate Mason. I'm real disappointed offensively with things we did, we need to me much tougher than that.
• We just didn't make plays, we made really really bad basketball plays. When you do that, it's too hard to win. We had a lot of missed layups and it's hard to stay confidence.
• What will he take away - Won't take away a lot, just need to move on, that wasn't good basketball, we're better than that.
• Message to team - nobody is going to feel sorry for us, and nobody should feel sorry for us. We can't hang our heads, it's on us to correct those things.

Thanks as always GL.....

You're welcome...not being at the game, just had to go with the radio notes. I would love to hear what he said in his presser with more specific/tough questions.

Coach was pissed after mo's turnover, not sure if you all saw it but he about punched a camera man. He's frustrated. Rightfully so.

Missed the finale. Were there any hugs for Pat Chambers?

Top Bottom