• Maroon out

Votes: 13 12.3%
  • We'll wear whatever we feel like

Votes: 13 12.3%

• Total voters

Yah-E

Bulieve
Reaction score
Has there been any talks on a "gold out", a "white out" or a terrible looking "maroon out" for our first game at the Bank? Since it's a night game, a "white out" would be cool!

What do you guys think?

Well, at least we're all in concensus to wear one color for the first game. :cool02:

Has there been any talks on a "gold out", a "white out" or a terrible looking "maroon out" for our first game at the Bank? Since it's a night game, a "white out" would be cool!

What do you guys think?

White outs are a PSU thing. We should never, ever attempt it (not to mention its not one of our primary colors).

White outs are a PSU thing. We should never, ever attempt it (not to mention its not one of our primary colors).

True, it's a PSU thing and not one of our official team colors, but we do have white game jerseys and pants as our color choices. It wouldn't look bad if we did do a white out.

True, it's a PSU thing and not one of our official team colors, but we do have white game jerseys and pants as our color choices. It wouldn't look bad if we did do a white out.

I'm not saying it would look bad, but it would be hard to pull off and thus even lamer. When it comes to Gopher gear, a high % of the available stuff is maroon. A smaller amount is gold and a very small % is white. I own tons of Gopher gear and I own only a single piece of gear that is primarily white (and even that has plenty of maroon and gold on it). Copying the signature of an opposing B10 school's fanbase is bad enough...doing it poorly would be the one thing worse.

I'm not saying it would look bad, but it would be hard to pull off and thus even lamer. When it comes to Gopher gear, a high % of the available stuff is maroon. A smaller amount is gold and a very small % is white. I own tons of Gopher gear and I own only a single piece of gear that is primarily white (and even that has plenty of maroon and gold on it). Copying the signature of an opposing B10 school's fanbase is bad enough...doing it poorly would be the one thing worse.

I agree, not enough white Gopher gear, but if a Gopher white out is summoned, shoot, it's not difficult to buy some white Hanes t-shirts at Target and slap a Maroon "M" on it for the game!

We tried a "gold out" last year for the Michigan game, I flew in for the game, lets just say it's pretty lame that after all the advertising and Coach Brew's promotions, fans still wear MAROON!!? WTF?? The only reason I can think of is most of those fans can't find gold Gophers attire or don't want to spend lots $ on a new gold Gophers attire.

You're right, I think no matter what color we choose to go "out" on 9/12/2009, some Gophers fans will complete ignore the theme. We'll see, I like for us to do an one color theme for that game though!

please don't refer to this as a "gold out" that just copies Penn State and a few otheres

"Solid Gold" would be our own!

White is not one our colors...Gold is best for this type of thing, with Maroon falling in line behind it. Period.

I'd be happy if fans wore maroon and/or gold rather than every other color of the rainbow!

Glad to see the attire Gestapo is back out on patrol. It had been too long.

Glad to see you got your token Douche Bag comment into this thread, it hadn't been quite long enough...

i hate the whole idea of whatever color outs for big games...i can see how some people like it, but to me it seems like it shows opponents you have to do something extra to get the W...now if everyone would just wear gold without all the gold out hoopla that would be terrific

How about a SHUT-out....that would work...wear maroon or gold...just be there!

I really like that idea forestlaker. We need some PR to make this happen.

Wow.... just Wow.

I understand hyperbole as a rhetorical device, but I fail to see anything Gestapo-esque in this thread.... that is until you mentioned the most brutal police force unter the most brutal and amoral regime in human history within the context of a thread discussing the relative merits of wearing Gold versus Maroon.

Personally, I think it would be cool if people in the chairback section wore clothing the color of their seat - to spell out Minnesota. It would be pretty hard to pull off though.

Please note, this opinion does not mean that I am a known or suspected member of any despised social or political body.

I've always made it known I'm a big fan of the all-in-one-color concepts other teams (pro and college) have gone with, and that if I had my choice it would be Gold.

That said, I would be just fine if people wore either Maroon or Gold. Whichever you prefer is fine with me, but just wear a school color to the game. If even 85% of the people in the stadium showed up wearing Maroon and/or Gold, I'd be pretty happy.

I would vote for Maroon as it is the only color that we have exclusivity on in the Big Ten. The gold/yellow comes in to many colors/shades and can easily be intermingled and mixed with those colors or Purdue, Michigan, Iowa.

Again, why do we care what our opposing fans wear to our games? First off, their numbers (by percentage) will be GREATLY diminished in the new stadium. Secondly, as I've said before, if they are dumb enough to wear a color that is similar to our to our home stadium so that they don't stand out as Iowa, Mich, Purdue fans, LET THEM. Gold is FAR more bold, noticeable, intimidating than maroon.

I REALLY do like the idea of wearing the color of your chairback, though. Having our fans spell out MINNESOTA and the block M would be very cool, especially against a stark gold student section corner (and some season ticket holders there too).

People in Gold seats wear Gold.
People in Maroon seats wear Maroon.

People seem to be cosigning to this idea left and right here. I agree, it's an awesome idea, and if executed would be really cool. If you want to go a step further, every one not in these seats could either wear Maroon, blending in with the seats framing the letters and causing the Gold letters to pop, or Gold, framing the block of Maroon.

But let's not go crazy over a pipe dream. It would be an accomplishment just to get a majority of the fans wearing the school colors, Maroon or Gold, to the games, regardless of their seat assignment. Take that one step further and we're speculating if it would be possible to get all these people to wear a single color, Maroon or Gold. A third jump then needs to be made in order to get something like this off the ground. It's a great concept, but I just can't ever see it actually happening, at least not in the foreseeable future.

Again, why do we care what our opposing fans wear to our games? First off, their numbers (by percentage) will be GREATLY diminished in the new stadium. Secondly, as I've said before, if they are dumb enough to wear a color that is similar to our to our home stadium so that they don't stand out as Iowa, Mich, Purdue fans, LET THEM. Gold is FAR more bold, noticeable, intimidating than maroon.

Seconded. I don't think the fact that Iowa/Michigan fans could wear a similar shade of shirt as a downside. I also think that gold shows up better (and looks better) on TV than maroon.

However, I do understand GG's point that maroon is a unique color in the B10 and I think it's a good one. I just happen to prefer gold for the aformentioned TV reasons. Taking TV out of it I prefer Maroon 1) b/c its unique and 2) all my cool Gopher gear is in Maroon...They just don't make as many cool shirts in gold unfortunately...

One thought to ponder too. Maroon looked terrible at the Dome b/c in general the light level of the Dome was lower in the stands (IMO) than natural light outdoors (even on a cloudy day). I think that Maroon clad fans in TCF will look MUCH better than Maroon clad fans in the Dome ever did.

I think Maroon for the seat backs that are Maroon and everyone else in gold. Maybe the marketing crew can hook up the Maroon seats with maroon shirts. I mean they did pay an extra $250 to $500for those seats. Can't we get them a t shirt to show their support? Also this is TCF BANK Stadium. What do you find in a BANK???? In the words of GoldmemberGOOOOLLLLDDDD

AuEGO4, love the screen name. Very creative.

I like the seat-coordination idea for special games. Even if they set out hankies or ponpom things according to those colors, it would look sweet when everyone waved them.

For every other game, however, I think that if the student section is solid gold and everyone else was solid maroon, it would be cool too. The old people already prefer maroon, even if the athletics department has been promoting gold. And the students already are given gold shirts....

That way the whole stadium is the Bank. But the student section nickname could be 'the Vault' since that is where the gold is.

That way the whole stadium is the Bank. But the student section nickname could be 'the Vault' since that is where the gold is.

As much as I wish we could stay away from the bank related nicknames, I do think this is a pretty cool way to use the Bank/Vault nicknames.

Top Bottom