What are your top 5 things you miss from your days on campus?

Bootlegger Sam’s above Mama D’s and The Valley in Dinkytown.

Playing 3 man IM basketball and losing a game by 100.

Listening lounge in Coffman. Bowling in Coffman. Eating $1 hotdogs at Coffman.

Getting in a snowball fight with Iranian protesters (Death to the Shah, Death to America)

Dick Tracy’s Saloon on the north side of I-94 across from Auggie. Not too far from Zantigo

Augsburg winning the NAIA hockey title and being the stat guy.

I had to laugh at that one.

Living with a bunch of buddies
That I could eat junk food/pizza with impunity

That's about it. Adult life has been so much better than college ever was.

Grandmas, Bullwinkles, Sgt. Prestons, Lindseys (Lindy's?) peanut bar, Fowl Play, Perrys Pizza.
I forgot to list Perry’s Pizza.
If you ordered a beer they would ask for ID and all you had to do was show your student ID (no picture, no birth date) and they served.

I miss the Craziness. I was there for the white student union crapola out on Northrop. I had never seen anything like it. I miss the Big Ten for sure. I miss hockey in the old Mariucci/Williams arena, but only because I sat in the "NE" section (and you'd have to had tickets then to know what that means). I miss the Minnesota Daily. They did a April Fools edition on Hasselmo closing CLA that was top notch. I miss the friends I made, hoofing it to the dome for football games, Clem's teams before we knew what Clem was doing. I don't miss parking hell, how crappy the mall was before Yudof came along and all the other things he did to make it a prettier campus.

Undergrad at Augsburg/Grad at U of M (Do I get 10?)

(1) All the West Bank bars (I bartended at Culla's and The Pilot's Club. My brother worked at Bullwinkle's.).
(2) Games at Memorial (Half times at Stub and Herb's).
(3) Small Grad School Seminar with Walter Heller.
(4) Valli Pizza.
(5) Worked the visiting sidelines at Auggie football games at Parade Stadium. Gagliardi was an absolute hoot.
(6) Intramural softball at the U of M during summer session. I got gently run over by Jay Carroll when I was playing catcher.

Living with a bunch of buddies
That I could eat junk food/pizza with impunity

That's about it. Adult life has been so much better than college ever was.

Thank you someone for saying it. I can even eat more junk food now if I want because I'm not dead broke. I miss the camaraderie of the fraternity and the ease of making friends outside work college offered. I miss not having class until 5 pm. I miss the Mason running games. I miss the Barnyard. But in retrospect most of the restaurants and bars I went to in college sucked, and I did basically the same things at the U I do today, only much poorer and with much worse judgment.

I miss Northrop Field. Oh, the memories.

1.Bucket Night at The Brick House
2. My usual spot at Wilson Library
3. Gopher BB at Williams in ‘82
4. Exiting Bierman after practice
5. All those decades out in front of you.
First mention of the Brick House, probably served you those buckets. Worked there the first 3 years it was the Brickhouse. Bucket night was legendary. Living in Middlebrook was a blast. Won two intramural championships back when all the champions went to Scmidt Brewrey to get the championship plaques and get drunk for free.

1. "Sweet Georgia Brown" warmup
2. IM football under the lights
3. Games of Risk involving a lot of beer drinking
4. Cutting class my last spring quarter to go hang out at Riverside Park
5. The rubber chicken, the "Emo Sucks" chants, and the "Minnesota Rouser" being played as the Gophers came on the ice in the old arena

Girls.
Girls.
Girls.
Girls.
B-Dubs $0.10 wing night.

All these comments about girls reminds me of a funny exchange from Hogan's Heroes.
Newkirk: "Col.? Don't you ever think about anything else but dames?"
Col. Hogan: "Of course I do. But I fight it."

Rocky Rococo's Tuesday $2 Super Slice.

1. My desk attendant job in Pioneer Hall (great way to meet girls and be in the "know"), plus dorm food
  2. 1982 basketball season at the barn
  3. Grand opening of Grandmas Saloon at Seven Corners
  4. Bullwinkle's balcony rail while "slightly" inebriated
  5. Football games at Memorial Stadium that included shenanigans like smuggling in booze and grabbing girls and passing them up over our heads all the way to the top

The scenery on warm spring days walking across the Washington Avenue bridge.
Thursday nights half price and the Cranstons at the Caboose
Saturday mornings at Cook Hall
Waiting for the Dance Line to complete their practice so we could start IM basketball games in the barn
Whole Coffeehouse

Top Bottom