What are you most looking forward to this season?

What are you most looking forward to this upcoming season?

• The new guys!

Votes: 35 43.8%
  • The Sophmores

Votes: 26 32.5%
  • Our bigs

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Avoiding weakling Wednesday

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Ben’s eventual dismissal

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Rockraven’s eventual melt-down

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • The search committee’s selection

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Garcia’s All B1G selection

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • All Pharrell Payne slams

Votes: 26 32.5%
  • Ben’s well-earned extension

Votes: 19 23.8%

• Total voters

Not on the list / combo:

Fielding a surprisingly competitive team, knocking off a couple big boys at home, actually (hopefully) being a semi-dangerous team in our home Big Ten Tourney!!

(I was very tempted to vote for Rock's eventual meltdown / hopefully banning though)

Just thought it would be fun to see what folks are most excited about this upcoming basketball season.

I am looking forward to seeing the new guys and seeing their affect on the Gopher offense.
Looking forward to watching those kids come and have a successful season and getting that barn rockin’ again

Not on the list / combo:

Fielding a surprisingly competitive team, knocking off a couple big boys at home, actually (hopefully) being a semi-dangerous team in our home Big Ten Tourney!!

(I was very tempted to vote for Rock's eventual meltdown / hopefully banning though)

Attachments

• CB6B9F4E-2E96-4559-BE22-B47DBFF9E728.jpeg
    CB6B9F4E-2E96-4559-BE22-B47DBFF9E728.jpeg
    491.1 KB · Views: 3

Not on the list / combo:

I was going to put, “Rockraven’s eventual loss of optimism and descent into Gopher basketball fan depression, joining the majority of Gopherhole.”

But that is more of a certainty given enough time and majority of life span following Minnesota sports.

Beat Iowa, it's time. Wait, wrong board.

I agree with nooram, a more electric Barn. We need that so desperately. All the other options above will lead to a better atmosphere in the Barn, including Rockraven's meltdown.

Go Gophers!!

I was going to put, “Rockraven’s eventual loss of optimism and descent into Gopher basketball fan depression, joining the majority of Gopherhole.”

But that is more of a certainty given enough time and majority of life span following. Minnesota sports.
My life has been such a joy and filled with success. I can’t get down over games 1500 miles away. Winter is not a threat to bring on Gopher depression. This is a good team. Going to be very good. But if things go a wry I had too many good things to bring me down. I see the position CBJ came into and what he is doing. Many do not. I feel sorry for them and the fact they are hoping for a last place finish concerns me over their mental health. Weak spirited people.

We got rid of Battle. That helps a lot. We have good quickness in our guard play. That helps. The core of our big guys have played together a year. That all speaks for improvement. Really the first group Thorson has had any time to work together with here. Even Betts has a year behind him here. Bodes well for at least decent defense. We need the whole game put together.

That is goal # 1 and 1a. I'm also hoping to see the offense get going and look fluid earlier in the shot clock. A few more successful Run-Outs would also be fun to watch, but defending and pulling rebounds HAS to happen.
Agreed, and all of those things (except for the rebounding) can be addressed by the new guards showing the kind of quickness that was absent last year. We had one of the slowest backcourts in Div 1 last year, and just getting the ball up the court against pressure was a challenge.

If Mitchell, Hawkins, and Christie show they can get the ball up the court in a hurry, lead an occasional fast break (that's when people rebound and run up the court quickly before the defense.....well, you probably know but didn't see that last year..), and can stay in front of opposing guards on defense, this team will be MUCH better.

Big Ten teams win with good guard play. We didn't have it last year. It needs to happen this year.

There is reason for hope.

I'm excited to see the development of Payne and Garcia.

I'm hopeful to see the drastic development of some of the others.

I'm livid we aren't playing Kristupas Keinys more.

I'm excited to see the development of Payne and Garcia.

I'm hopeful to see the drastic development of some of the others.

I'm livid we aren't playing Kristupas Keinys more.
Nice sarcasm at the end!

a genius at work and "no one saw this coming" at the end of the season (in a positive way)

Someone who can get by a defender. Someone who can put the ball on the floor from the perimeter. For the love of something.........we need this!

Beat Iowa, it's time. Wait, wrong board.

I agree with nooram, a more electric Barn. We need that so desperately. All the other options above will lead to a better atmosphere in the Barn, including Rockraven's meltdown.
Go Gophers!!
Another passenger!

Attachments

• 26A79216-2B72-4B36-A6FB-A994372D18E2.jpeg
    26A79216-2B72-4B36-A6FB-A994372D18E2.jpeg
    491.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Top Bottom