What are you looking for Thursday night?

I'm looking to see if we can get out of the game without getting called for a targeting penalty. Under Claeys and Kill we had a reputation for targeting, which led to the refs watching for it more closely, which led to it being called more often, which further reinforced our targeting rap. With our thin secondary getting a targeting penalty would be a bit deal. We need to break the spiral of these calls.

I want to see some discipline. No stupid penalties and certainly no targeting calls. I want to see our kids control their assignments and do all the little things good teams do. That will be huge progress for me and should result in satisfying most everyone's "wants" on this thread. Go Gophers
This is my mindset. For the players, I want to see good discipline, smart play, good tackling. It has been so frustrating to watch the last number of years when we have a good drive going only to be spoiled by a dumb penalty(illegal procedure, lining up offside, delay of game, etc) or sloppy tackling allowing other teams extra 3rd down yardage. I want to see the receivers run good clean routes with separation and fight for the ball. Also, as to the coaches, how they handle the play calling. Will they be too predictable(RUTM ad-nauseum) or mix it up?, 2 minute drill efficiency or just run out the clock at halftime even if there may be enough time to score. Achieve good results at these things and I believe the score and the win will take care of itself. I don't want to hear post game, "Well, a win is a win."

What will you be curious about Thursday evening? Of course, everyone will be watching the quarterback play, that goes without saying.

I re-watched the Western Michigan / Wisconsin game and noticed that frequently the WMU running backs were getting past the line of scrimmage into Wisconsin's secondary. I am not sure if that was due to the offensive scheme, Wisconsin's D-line, or WMU's offensive line.

I also will want to see how well the receivers play - specifically, do they have good hands. Receivers that can catch anything would be a great help to the quarterbacks.

Last I want to see how good our pass rush is. Will we be able to put pressure on some of the better quarterbacks in the league?

What will you be looking for?

I want to see the D stop the 3rd & long WR screen!

Top Bottom