Whaley

Suspended?

"Brewster said redshirt freshman tailback Kevin Whaley was sidelined with a turf toe for the last two games. Whaley last carried the ball in the season opener at Syracuse."

I don't know anything about the turf toe, but the rumor I had heard occurred Labor day weekend, after the Syracuse game...so this wouldn't really conflict with that.

if this rumor is true which it appears to be, what kind of person is whaley? he gets shot outside of a nightclub (not saying it is his fault but what did he do or he does he roll with to warrant someone pulling a gun on him or his group of friends.) someone posted on here last fall that they saw whaley sucker punch someone then take off. and now he could be suspended?? i am really calling whaleys character into question now.

if this rumor is true which it appears to be, what kind of person is whaley? he gets shot outside of a nightclub (not saying it is his fault but what did he do or he does he roll with to warrant someone pulling a gun on him or his group of friends.) someone posted on here last fall that they saw whaley sucker punch someone then take off. and now he could be suspended?? i am really calling whaleys character into question now.

you are calling into question a kid's character based on what someone posted on the internet. The head coach said "turf toe" but yet you rather believe someone on a posting board that claims they have inside information the football team is trying to keep this "under the radar".

Unbeleivable.

I don't think you can cite him being a victim of a shooting as proof of anything. I was at a club here in Phoenix where there was a shooting a few months back. It wasn't really in a bad area, wasn't super late at night and I very easily could have been one of the bystanders to get hit. And I'm about as straight laced and above board as a person can get.

I think we know all we need to about Old Gopher...he just can't help himself with those veiled inappropriate comments. He'll deny it, but as soon as Whaley stepped on campus with that "crazy" hair and "scary" past, he was just waiting for the right time to share his opinion.

As for the topic at hand, all of this is based off rumor. The coach has said he is not healthy, and he has been seen in warmups and on the sideline. Until something definitive comes out in the press, all we can do is trust the coach. You don't think Ruesse or Barreiro would be able to find this "story" if it actually happened...they'd LOVE to talk about it. If it was anything worth talking about, we'd know about it from better sources than message board rumors. (obviously no offense to GopherLady....she does amazing things with this site)

I'm not counting on Whaley anymore! We have heard things from turf toe to suspensions as the reason why he is not playing. Maybe he's not good enough. Unless he plays and gains over 100 yards against Northwestern, I'm not sure he'll be a significant improvement over our running backs. The fact of reality is not getting Limpscomb here was a blow to this team. Brewster even said we are a running back away from being a very good football team. Griese even pointed out our running backs lacked speed. Those comments sobbered up the Gopher faithful who blamed our O-line as the only reason why we struggle in the running game. O-line has struggle mightly this year, but our running backs have certianly not helped out the o-line out either.

I'm not counting on Whaley anymore! We have heard things from turf toe to suspensions as the reason why he is not playing. Maybe he's not good enough. Unless he plays and gains over 100 yards against Northwestern, I'm not sure he'll be a significant improvement over our running backs. The fact of reality is not getting Limpscomb here was a blow to this team. Brewster even said we are a running back away from being a very good football team. Griese even pointed out our running backs lacked speed. Those comments sobbered up the Gopher faithful who blamed our O-line as the only reason why we struggle in the running game. O-line has struggle mightly this year, but our running backs have certianly not helped out the o-line out either.

I agree, the ESPN crew last Saturday gave us a great look at how the backs are missing the holes leading me to think that if a running back steps up this year, it won't be the one with the best speed, but the one with the best vision. Our O-line still needs a lot of improvement, but they did open up a few lanes that were missed by the RBs. Whaley had a good spring, so I'm still hoping he gets a chance to help us this year.

My sister's mom's boyfriend's cousin posted on www.madeupstuff.com that Whaley once ran a 4.15 40 and high jumped 9'6" while hopped up on six bowls of Grape Nuts.

Also, posted there is a rumor that Whaley is actually 7'4" tall, but has been LYING about his real height by walking around on his knees.

OK, either Brew should just be sure that Whaley eats Grape Nuts before every game and he'll run for 400 yards OR, because Whaley's obviously a liar Brew should kick him off the team.

I can't decide...

I had heard the same thing from my Aunt's sister inlaws nieces boyfriends mother, she heard it in her sex addiction therapy group.

Hey, do you think we're related??

i knew it.

Hey let's try something. I'll damage myself in a part of my body, and you see if you can feel it. Ready?? ...ouch....ok tell me where it hurts.

i knew it.

Hey let's try something. I'll damage myself in a part of my body, and you see if you can feel it. Ready?? ...ouch....ok tell me where it hurts.
I would, but it's not appropriate to name that part of the body in a public e-mail forum.... Let's just say that I'd wish I'd worn a cup.

GopherLady is Correct

Gopherlady has good sources. The incident happend after the Syracuse game at a bar. Guess which one. Was reported to administration and they are dealing with it.

I would, but it's not appropriate to name that part of the body in a public e-mail forum.... Let's just say that I'd wish I'd worn a cup.

I would have guessed elbow, because that would have been funny, too bad I got boned.

Gopherlady has good sources. The incident happend after the Syracuse game at a bar. Guess which one. Was reported to administration and they are dealing with it.

Yeah, they stepped on his toe really hard.

Top Bottom