We've stagnated. Tough conversation below

Well, 31-0 over Rutgers. Gophers 21 first downs to 7 for the Knights. Extremely efficient 12 of 18 on third down. 5.8 yards per play against a defense that is pretty highly rated. 41:02 time of possession for Minnesota.

Gee... are we still "stagnated"?
Jerry never got to play Rutgers, so it's hard to tell.

Ahhhh... it's the old, "We're not good, the opponent is bad" argument.

That's an oldie, but a goodie!
No, it's not my argument. It's the argument made by the OP. Again, you're not smart enough to understand his point.

His point was that we have stagnated (look it up) at the same level as Jerry Kill. We can beat the bad teams like Rutgers but we can't beat the good teams and won't win the Big 10.

So the argument you're quoting is LITERALLY the argument made by the OP in this thread. I know, I know, it will send you into another hissy fit, but just try to slow down and comprehend.

It's not my opinion. I think winning 10 games, going to big bowls, and having a winning Big 10 record is a drastic improvement - even if we have had some disappointments this year.

That said, unlike you, even though I disagree, I can comprehend the OP's point. Beating Rutgers doesn't change anything with his point.

No, it's not my argument. It's the argument made by the OP. Again, you're not smart enough to understand his point.

His point was that we have stagnated (look it up) at the same level as Jerry Kill. We can beat the bad teams like Rutgers but we can't beat the good teams and won't win the Big 10.

So the argument you're quoting is LITERALLY the argument made by the OP in this thread. I know, I know, it will send you into another hissy fit, but just try to slow down and comprehend.

It's not my opinion. I think winning 10 games, going to big bowls, and having a winning Big 10 record is a drastic improvement - even if we have had some disappointments this year.

That said, unlike you, even though I disagree, I can comprehend the OP's point. Beating Rutgers doesn't change anything with his point.
You may be missing Murr's point. Minnesota won this game 41:02 to 19:58. A signature Fleck win.

Did some idiot get banned and reincarnated? This diatribe sounds familiar.

So, you agree with me that we haven't actually "stagnated"?

Well, 31-0 over Rutgers. Gophers 21 first downs to 7 for the Knights. Extremely efficient 12 of 18 on third down. 5.8 yards per play against a defense that is pretty highly rated. 41:02 time of possession for Minnesota.

Yep. That was a bad team. You’re kinda dumb too haven’t noticed your posts until today wow.

Iowa’s offense scored 13 points against Rutgers, and they were out-gained by 100 yards.
Our D served up a late 3 yard TD and we put up a whopping 98 more yards than Iowa did against Rutgers. Hardly impressive considering how epically bad Iowa's offense is.

Just want to get ahead of the curve.

Time to bench Athan, let's see what Knuth can do
You act like the Gophers haven't been patient. This take would have had validity if someone made it in 2020. We are three years into having an inept passing game. Three years. So let Athan start next season, and make this post in 2026 and you'll be on the same timeline.

Even for the people saying we don't have a bad passing game, those are the same people saying that thought it could be so catastrophic to throw the ball with our 6th year QB that it we shouldn't even try to run a 2 minute drill. We should start draining the clock up by 14 in the third quarter. They sound like they hate the passing game more than some of the folks calling for Athan.

Last edited:

You act like the Gophers haven't been patient. This take would have had validity if someone made it in 2020. We are three years into having an inept passing game. Three years. So let Athan start next season, and make this post in 2026 and you'll be on the same timeline.

Even for the people saying we don't have a bad passing game, those are the same people saying that thought it could be so catastrophic to throw the ball with our 6th year QB that it we shouldn't even try to run a 2 minute drill. We should start draining the clock up by 14 in the third quarter. They sound like they hate the passing game more than some of the folks calling for Athan.
Mr. 41:02 is actually a little peeved that Potts had a 40-yd run, and worse, that Mo took it to the house from 28 yards out. Those long runs probably cost us another five minutes of TOP.

Our D served up a late 3 yard TD and we put up a whopping 98 more yards than Iowa did against Rutgers. Hardly impressive considering how epically bad Iowa's offense is.
And we put up a whopping 40 less yards than Ohio State did against Rutgers. I refuse to see your point.

Even without that bonus touchdown we practically doubled their offensive scoring output.

Well it was a good win against a crappy team. But a win is a win. I don't agree with the OP's post, but this win does not go a long way to erase the embarrasing last three weeks.

If you think benching Morgan solves our passing woes.......

Jerry never got to play Rutgers, so it's hard to tell.
Do you think whether or not the gophers have stagnated in 2022 has anything to do with a coach that resigned in 2015?
That’s an honest question.

I personally think they’re pretty unrelated

You completely whiffed on salzie's point.

The same fans who are indignant that Tanner Morgan is still leading this team will be just as peeved, just as quickly, when Kaliakmanis falls short in their eyes. And he will fall short, by their way of thinking, because that's how these folks are.

"Bench the QB, fire the coach, throw to the tight ends". The never-ending story.

You completely whiffed on salzie's point.

The same fans who are indignant that Tanner Morgan is still leading this team will be just as peeved, just as quickly, when Kaliakmanis falls short in their eyes. And he will fall short, by their way of thinking, because that's how these folks are.

"Bench the QB, fire the coach, throw to the tight ends". The never-ending story.
From my perspective, this is not true. I'm not a change the QB when confronted with losses. That said, Kaliakmanis brings skill sets that Tanner does not have. He has a stronger arm, better mobility, and build. He's been in the program for 2 years. He has learned the system from the coaches and from Tanner. He is the next first-string Gopher QB. I recently heard a Gopher offensive coach raving about his maturity and leadership qualities. This is not a knee-jerk reaction on my part.

This is Athans team next year, I hope we can find him a receiver that can stretch the field. Maybe Hoskins from MN is that guy or PJ finds one in the portal. That being said I’m OK with Tanner finishing out the season

Top Bottom