Westbrook

Bigg Robb

Large Member
Reaction score
Anyone else notice that Westbrook seemed excessively passive tonight?

no. purdue was in his and hoffarber's faces all night purposely making it hard for them to get open and get shots.

Westbrook Pouting

Even the announcers on BTN mentioned Westbrook was pouting and he needed to get over it and get his head in the game. Westy is fearless in taking shots, but he sure can turn the ball over and commit silly fouls.

Westbrook - his running, floating, jumper at the end was huge. It gave us the lead with about 26 seconds left. This was a great game no doubt about it. I am amazed that Tubby and the team have somehow gotten back to the point where they easily could have pulled that game out. Nonetheless, I still enjoy a little Thursday morning quarterbacking. After Westbrook made that amazing shot (announcers thought he had short-armed it {they must not have seen the many similar shots Westy has made this year}) Tubby pulled Westy for Iverson at game-end. I can go along with some of Tubby's offensive defensive switches involving Westy earlier in the game. But not now at game end Westy was feeling it and ready to hit his patented game ending gear. it is not universally a positive outcome when Westy is feelin' it but at that point with 26 seconds left I would not have pulled Westbrook. This probably more than anything necessitated the TO to get Westbrook back in with 4.2 left.

Iverson had only one terrible play the brick of a layup that resulted in the fastbreak at the other end. I don't hold with those that bash Iverson. But I would have left Westbrook in with the 26 seconds left. I also think he is taking too much abuse for his defense. I think his defense has gotten much better and more consistent. Not as many big chances on defense that result in an opponent bucket or trip to the free throw line.

Westy has demonstrated many times he has some amazing game ending skills. Leave him in next time Tubby and don't call timeout.

But I still think you belong in the HoF.

Top Bottom