Well, this is about as close to official as you get

LOL! Brewster was talking out of his a$$ again last week when he guaranteed zero turnover amongst the coaching staff.

Maybe he misremembered his recent conversations with Jebidiah like his big "win" at Iowa back in the 80's and the basketball tutelege Juilius Peppers received from his college coach Dean Smith.

How much longer until he puts Texas' National Championship with Vince Young on his resume? I mean he recruited him to Austin all the way from Houston. I'm sure Mack Brown sent Brewster a ring right?

LOL! Brewster was talking out of his a$$ again last week when he guaranteed zero turnover amongst the coaching staff.

Maybe he misremembered his recent conversations with Jebidiah like his big "win" at Iowa back in the 80's and the basketball tutelege Juilius Peppers received from his college coach Dean Smith.

How much longer until he puts Texas' National Championship with Vince Young on his resume? I mean he recruited him to Austin all the way from Houston. I'm sure Mack Brown sent Brewster a ring right?

You had over a WEEK to get ready for your attack and that's all you came up with? The Dean Smith/Peppers shot?:mad:

Man you've seriously pussied-up since Wren and Loon were driven of of here.:eek:

Art, if you asked one of your employees if he was staying for another year, and he said "Yes sir, I am," wouldn't you feel confident in saying he was coming back next year?

There are many things you can pick on with Brewster. Why don't you find one that has something to it.

This looks like it's going to happen, and, if it has been discussed here, Brewster had a pretty good idea before us. My question. Why is this being drawn out so no new coordinator hasn't been named yet? This can't be helping recruiting any.

Even though I'm for Brewster, this is resembling what my old drill sergeant would term a "cluster%#@&".

Art

You are continually annoying. I thought maybe it was an act but it appears to be your persona. Not sure why you are so bitter.

Again, I don't understand Maturi. He doesn't have to answer every question, does he? To help recruiting, you'd think Brewster would want to keep this under wraps until it was official. And of course be making phone calls to find suitable candidates.

Maturi has the biggest mouth and the worst timing of any AD in the country.

Based on Art's comment and use of the m'boy term, I would say that he is the "Common Man" from KFAN. That is one of his favorite sayings. They both are complete a@@s

He is probably a "common man" wannabe. The real Common Man does not know how to work a computer and would rather base his comments off of ignorance like the rest of the personalities on KFAN

So now coaches are so eager to get away from Brewster that they are taking a lower level job as a position coach. I can only imagine what Brewsters reputation is within the coaching circle that few coaches that actually worked beside him in the past wanted to follow him here an work for him. He gets shot down left and right when trying to fill the coordinator spot last year and now the guy he is left with won't even stay. It has to be hard however working for a guy that nearly every coordinator knows they are more qualified as a head coach than Brewster. Has Brewster had more coaching turnover than JoePa has in 40 plus years?

He is probably a "common man" wannabe. The real Common Man does not know how to work a computer and would rather base his comments off of ignorance like the rest of the personalities on KFAN

IALTO

So now coaches are so eager to get away from Brewster that they are taking a lower level job as a position coach.
Do you really want to call being an NFL QB coach a lower level job?

So now coaches are so eager to get away from Brewster that they are taking a lower level job as a position coach.

You forgot the NFL Part. :clap:

Going to the NFL is a downgrade? :eek: No, the better analogy is a Third Base Coach at Triple A going to the majors as a First Base Coach.

Are all the super critics without material tonight?

Going to the NFL is a downgrade? :eek: No, the better analogy is a Third Base Coach at Triple A going to the majors as a First Base Coach.

you are saying that when fisch came to minnesota it was a downgrade then? you can't have it both ways. it was either a downgrade to go to MN or its a downgrade now. both are position coaches in the NFL.

gophergod and art are obviously stretching the truth and forgetting facts, but to spin this as a good thing for brewster is equally stupid.

you are saying that when fisch came to minnesota it was a downgrade then? you can't have it both ways. it was either a downgrade to go to MN or its a downgrade now. both are position coaches in the NFL.

gophergod and art are obviously stretching the truth and forgetting facts, but to spin this as a good thing for brewster is equally stupid.

1. Assistant QB Coach (Baltimore) to Wide Receivers Coach at Denver to OC at Minnesota to QB Coach at Seahawks Hmm? Yeah, I'd still say it's a better job. Sorry.

2. Good thing for Brewster? The bad thing for Brewster was when he didn't get one of his three tops choices a year ago. I'm been saying I think JF was doing a bad job since the middle of the season so no I don't think losing the guy now is a bad thing. Hell, I think that keeping Weber from taking off or throwing the ball away cost them three or four victories!

You think keeping him is good for the G-damned program!!!!!

You watched the Offense this year didn't you?:mad: Again sorry, but unlike GG or Art I don't think I can spin losing Jedd to being a bad thing for Brewster or the Gophers.

People who do aren't necessarily stupid, they're just really bullheaded or think that continuity should be paramount.

I don't, do you?

The one thing for sure is there is way too much trying too hard in this thread. Get some sleep, kids, you got nine months to try harder.

Do you really want to call being an NFL QB coach a lower level job?

When you have already been a position coach in the NFL and then become a OC then go back to being an NFL position coach again it is a step back to doing a job of the same level he has done before. I guess then according to your logic he never should have taken the gopher OC job in the first place as it is a step down from a positon coach in the NFL which is what he was before.

Any guess on what his salary will be as a QB coach for the Seahawks versus OC at the U of M?

An NFL QB coach is almost like an Assistant OC. This is more like a lateral move if you consider that an NFL OC job would be a step up.

Based on Art's comment and use of the m'boy term, I would say that he is the "Common Man" from KFAN. That is one of his favorite sayings. They both are complete a@@s

The Common Man doesn't even know who Joel Maturi is. His sports knowledge is on par with C.J., yet he somehow has a two-hour radio show on an all-sports station. Amazing.

Ice,
I normally respect your opinions but you should really just stick to football because that baseball analogy is horrible.

Ice,
I normally respect your opinions but you should really just stick to football because that baseball analogy is horrible.

It was kind of a reach huh? :eek:

I do think though, that while College Football fans think it's a separate sport from the NFL, the majority of football fans in the country think of College Football as the equivalent of AAA to the NFL's Major Leagues.

Oh yeah, I was pretty tired last night.:rolleyes:

When you have already been a position coach in the NFL and then become a OC then go back to being an NFL position coach again it is a step back to doing a job of the same level he has done before. I guess then according to your logic he never should have taken the gopher OC job in the first place as it is a step down from a positon coach in the NFL which is what he was before.

As soon as NFL WR coaches get paid as much as NFL QB coaches, your point will be valid.

www.huskerspot.com

If Fisch has stayed this year, he would have received $450,000 from the Gophers ($325,000 salary and $125,000 bonus). I don't believe a QB coach in the NFL makes that kind of jack.

So, he not only took a new coaching position with LESS responsibility (and yes, I'd call it a step back), but if I had to guess, I'd guess he also took a pay cut. That leads me to believe one of two things happened:

1) Brewster didn't like what he saw from Fisch and encouraged him to go
2) Fisch sees the writing on the wall here for Brewster and jumped on his own, leaving almost a half-a-million dollars on the table

It was kind of a reach huh? :eek:

I do think though, that while College Football fans think it's a separate sport from the NFL, the majority of football fans in the country think of College Football as the equivalent of AAA to the NFL's Major Leagues.

Oh yeah, I was pretty tired last night.:rolleyes:

You are right about that. As the NFL is geared for the masses, they then tend to think it is the center of the universe. I once had a "die-hard" Viking fan argue with me that Robert Smith went to Ohio, not Ohio State.:confused:

There are posters around here who tire me out too.

That leads me to believe one of two things happened:

2) Fisch sees the writing on the wall here for Brewster and jumped on his own, leaving almost a half-a-million dollars on the table

Or 3) He wants his future to be in the NFL as an OC and/or head coach and thinks (right or wrong) that the best path to that goal is to get back to the NFL as a QB coach.

My guess is that he is young and confident enough that he assumes that he'll make back whatever he leaves on the table here in short order if his career folows the path he thinks it will.

If Fisch has stayed this year, he would have received $450,000 from the Gophers ($325,000 salary and $125,000 bonus). I don't believe a QB coach in the NFL makes that kind of jack.

So, he not only took a new coaching position with LESS responsibility (and yes, I'd call it a step back), but if I had to guess, I'd guess he also took a pay cut. That leads me to believe one of two things happened:

Huh? So is he paying the Seahawks to allow him to coach for them?

Top Bottom