Well This About Makes Me Wanna Puke

WARNING: Link contains virus

I went to the link, and windows warned me of a virus.

Patience

Not so fast...

If the Hawks dump to OSU at home, and perhaps even to Northwestern this weekend on the road, how excited do you think their fans are going to be about gearing for their 7-4, non-BCS team on the road for a meaningless game against the Rodents?

No doubt there will be a lot of Hawk fans in MSP for that game. But it would bother me a lot more to see TCF filled with yellow in a season in which the Gophers were actually having a good season. Can they really thump their chest THAT much to fill the stadium of a team on their way to 1-11?

That being said, if by some chance Iowa loses to both Northwestern and OSU, I'll be taking the Gophers on the money line against Iowa in a big way. Iowa, coming off two consecutive losses, 7-4 in a season in which they had BCS aspirations; Gophers with 2 weeks to prepare, nothing to lose, etc. Stranger things have happened.

No offense to KGF, but it's annoying to click on a link to a post, then have to click another link to get to the story. Inclusion of the link is necessary, but how about a brief reason why it's there, or a snippet of the story?

If the Hawks dump to OSU at home, and perhaps even to Northwestern this weekend on the road, how excited do you think their fans are going to be about gearing for their 7-4, non-BCS team on the road for a meaningless game against the Rodents?

Pretty excited. Iowa fans flock to see the team no matter what the record is. They are different than our fans. That's one of the advantages they have.

Not so fast...

No doubt there will be a lot of Hawk fans in MSP for that game. But it would bother me a lot more to see TCF filled with yellow in a season in which the Gophers were actually having a good season. Can they really thump their chest THAT much to fill the stadium of a team on their way to 1-11?

That being said, if by some chance Iowa loses to both Northwestern and OSU, I'll be taking the Gophers on the money line against Iowa in a big way. Iowa, coming off two consecutive losses, 7-4 in a season in which they had BCS aspirations; Gophers with 2 weeks to prepare, nothing to lose, etc. Stranger things have happened.

Agree with all of that except the "on the road" part. A sizable chunk of the damn Iowa fans who show-up are living in the Metro area already;for them it's not a road game.

Pretty excited. Iowa fans flock to see the team no matter what the record is. They are different than our fans. That's one of the advantages they have.
B.S. I was in Kinnick in 99. That place was such a ghost town by the end of the game that we were able to walk around on the field after the game and it wasn't exactly a blowout.

They've got more loyal fans that's for sure but a scan of the crowds at Carver/Hawkeye recently compared to one taken when they were winning tells you all you need to know about how loyal they are to a losing program.

1. As already stated, go to one of their basketball games. You'll see how loyal they are.
2. There are many Iowa fans that live in the Twin Cities. I would guess that over half of the Iowa fans in attendance won't drive more than 50 miles to see the game. There are not too many Gopher fans in the Iowa City area.
3. For many Iowa fans, it's not just about the game. It's a vacation. I know several groups that go to every Iowa at Minnesota game because there is a lot to do in the TC. They'd rather go there than Champaign, IL for example.

Anybody else appreciate the irony of clicking on an Iowa Hawkeye link and getting a virus warning? :clap::clap::clap:

1. As already stated, go to one of their basketball games. You'll see how loyal they are.
2. There are many Iowa fans that live in the Twin Cities. I would guess that over half of the Iowa fans in attendance won't drive more than 50 miles to see the game. There are not too many Gopher fans in the Iowa City area.
3. For many Iowa fans, it's not just about the game. It's a vacation. I know several groups that go to every Iowa at Minnesota game because there is a lot to do in the TC. They'd rather go there than Champaign, IL for example.

4. It's a Holiday weekend where many Iowegians will already be up here visiting family for Thanksgiving.

For any Gopher fans who live along I-35

or whatever is the major highway from Iowa to the Cities, here's an idea. Put up a series of signs "welcoming" the Iowegians to Minnesota ala' Burma Shave. Some Iowa fans living in Wisconsin did this along the major artery into Iowa from Madison and it was pretty funny. I think the punch line there was something about Bielema's tattoo (not too original, but I'm sure Gopher fans can think of something creative to welcome the Pig Farmers).

Top Bottom