Week 9 Other Games Thread

Ohio state is self destructing.....kinda fun to watch... the announcers are sure showing their bias too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ISU forces their second redzone turnover as TCU was about to go in for the tying score. Wow. TCU still has a great chance to win with plenty of time left, but Kenny Hill has made a couple bonehead plays.

And ISU gets another INT to seal the deal against TCU! Wow, good for the Cyclones!

OSU takes the lead on PSU...unbelievable comeback

NW - MSU in 3rd OT

#2 Penn State and #4 TCU both lose. College football playoff is going to be messy and maybe controversial.

OSU takes the lead on PSU...unbelievable comeback

NW - MSU in 3rd OT

OSU's players finally played as big as their $,$$$,$$$ salaries today in a big game. Good for them.

The OSU - PSU game ended exactly as you need it for confusion to reign.

PSU's only loss, one the road at OSU.
Should they still be in playoff contention?
OSU wins, their only loss against Oklahoma, but early in the year.

Notre Dame is looking good for a spot right now.

The ACC has been imploding otherwise.
PAC-12 has nothing.
Big 12 just lost their shot with TCU losing.

Playoff conversation will be as good as it gets.

Georgia / Alabama could both make it perhaps.

59-donut part deux.

What would be really interesting is if WI would drop a game before the B1G Championship, then WI beats OSU.

So you'd have PSU and Wisconsin both with one loss, but with WI losing more recently to a worse team than OSU.
Do you still take WI then? And is PSU still out with only one loss?

That Wisconsin- Illinois game today was about painful to watch. Illinois had their chances deep into that game as their defense played quite shockingly well (aided by Alex Hornibrook hornibrook'in it up), but that offense, ugggggghhhh. Absolutely putrid, and I cannot understand the mindset of attempting the 48 yard field goal with ten minutes left in the 4th quarter and down 17-3. Seriously??? Fricken go for it there man, as you're at home, and attempting a FG with that score and in that situation against a superior opponent is pretty much akin to just conceding the game. You kick the field goal, you're still down two scores and the clock is an even bigger enemy than Wisconsin's running game at that point. I think the football gods were equally offended by that wussified decision, as the field goal was promptly missed. Game over.

Additionally RE: curious Illinois coaching decisions, I can't STAND watching that quarterback shuffle they've got going on there, what with George Jr. in there for 1-2 plays then Cam Thomas in for 3-4 then George back in for 4-6 and on and on into into head-scratching infinity. Does that ever work to rotate quarterbacks in and out on a play by play basis, I mean beyond Pop Warner league? How on earth can any quarterback or any offense for that matter hope to find any kind of consistency behind the disruption inherent in all that constant shuffling and commotion? Jeff George Jr. is pretty terrible, but he at least offers the (in his case) dubious benefit of 'experience', so why not just play him the whole game? Or let the other kid have the whole game and let him try and win it with his running? Or just throw a dart at a board and pick a guy for God's sake? And what is the thought process which leads the freshman Thomas (who's known for his LEGS) to consistently come in on third and longs while trying to clean up the down and distance pu-pu platter which George Jr. (who's supposed to be the 'throwing' one) has left him? I mean maybe I'm missing something there, but I just don't get that. Mind-boggling...

Lastly, I was disappointed to see Mike Dudek get knocked out again, as that kid is just one heck of a playmaker. He's got hands like silk, but I'm almost afraid he might never be fully healthy for football again. And Wisconsin did not in any way, shape or form look like a #5 team today, in fact they looked highly vulnerable and out of sorts against a team they just might have steamrolled. Not a good look for them, at all, and possibly not a good sign going forward.

What would be really interesting is if WI would drop a game before the B1G Championship, then WI beats OSU.

So you'd have PSU and Wisconsin both with one loss, but with WI losing more recently to a worse team than OSU.
Do you still take WI then? And is PSU still out with only one loss?

wisky winning in Indy should never be a consideration on Gopherhole.

Top Bottom