Week 8 Other Games Thread

How would a PSU win against OSU affect the view that GHer's have on the gophers season?

How would a PSU win change the mind of GHer's on the gophers season?

If we had beat them, it would change everything. We didn't. Referring to their game tonight? No bearing on us at all, IMO. Different scenario, different atmosphere, different week, etc.

Go Gophers!!

If we had beat them, it would change everything. We didn't. Referring to their game tonight? No bearing on us at all, IMO. Different scenario, different atmosphere, different week, etc.

Go Gophers!!

Same thing with Rutgers today?

Same thing with Rutgers today?

I'm not sure what that means.

I think people put way too much emphasis on what teams do in weeks we don't play them. Does wisconsin feel worse about their season because their win at Michigan State isn't a big deal and LSU won't be that good either? Of course not. If Ohio State loses tonight do they feel worse about losing to them last week in OT? Of course not. It's the same with a potential PSU win tonight as it relates to us.

Go Gophers!!

How do the refs miss such an obvious PI? Blows my mind when that happens.

What an atmosphere at Happy Valley.

Huge win for Franklin.

Go Gophers!!

They missed a false start as well on the next play. Would have actually helped OSU because qb got sacked on the play.

Because it wasn't very obvious. The contact came about one tenth of a second before the ball hit him. Thats hard to catch real time and I bet the ref thought the contact came at pretty much the exact same time the ball hit him.

I'm not sure what that means.

I think people put way too much emphasis on what teams do in weeks we don't play them. Does wisconsin feel worse about their season because their win at Michigan State isn't a big deal and LSU won't be that good either? Of course not. If Ohio State loses tonight do they feel worse about losing to them last week in OT? Of course not. It's the same with a potential PSU win tonight as it relates to us.

Go Gophers!!

Pretty simple, sorry it seemed so oblique. Agreed that the "Different scenario, different atmosphere, different week, etc." applies to every week in college football including to Rutgers today. They played much better than they have played lately, even if today's game was full of errors on both sides. Reading what their fans have been saying, and what their writers have written, they're pretty convinced that with Gio at QB, they're gonna win a few more games this year.

Maybe they're right.

PENN STATE WINS!!!!!!!

I recall a poster here telling us that quality coaches don't lose in Happy Valley. I guess Urban Meyer isn't a quality coach.

FIRE URBAN MEYER! BENCH JT BARRETT

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Because it wasn't very obvious. The contact came about one tenth of a second before the ball hit him. Thats hard to catch real time and I bet the ref thought the contact came at pretty much the exact same time the ball hit him.

It was obvious.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Penn State better than anticipated this season. Notice hiw their D-linemen stayed home and didnt allow
Barrett to scramble? If we could do that vs PSU we wouod have won that game despite Ayinde.

Pretty simple, sorry it seemed so oblique. Agreed that the "Different scenario, different atmosphere, different week, etc." applies to every week in college football including to Rutgers today. They played much better than they have played lately, even if today's game was full of errors on both sides. Reading what their fans have been saying, and what their writers have written, they're pretty convinced that with Gio at QB, they're gonna win a few more games this year.

Maybe they're right.

PENN STATE WINS!!!!!!!

Gotcha, and yes. Absolutely. Rutgers' offense was much more effective than it had been the last few weeks. Part is our D didn't adjust much, but part is they just played better.

I was at the Penn State game a few weeks ago, looking at the atmosphere tonight (throughout the entire game, let alone the crazy 4th quarter) and it's like two different stadium atmospheres. Point being, football is such a week to week sport. To extrapolate much based on what teams do before or after they play us, often seems arbitrary.

Go Gophers!!

OSU will still make the playoff if they beat Michigan, Nebraska and the BTCG so not as devastating as a loss as it once would be. I think I might start rooting for Michigan however as I'd like to see a Big Ten team roll into the playoff undefeated looking as good as anyone. I was really looking forward to seeing a #1 vs #2 OSU-Michigan game.

After we lost to Penn St., so many were saying they were so horrible. Maybe they aren't as bad as some made them out to be?

Helped them getting 2 starting LBs back.
They were also penalized only 1 time for 5 yards this evening.

Yikes, down goes Ohio State. In the CFP era, 1-loss teams have made the playoffs and won the title, though, so they may not be done yet.

After the weekend I'm thinking the rankings in top four will be 1. Bama 2. Mich 3. Wash and 4. Clem

Gotcha, and yes. Absolutely. Rutgers' offense was much more effective than it had been the last few weeks. Part is our D didn't adjust much, but part is they just played better.

I was at the Penn State game a few weeks ago, looking at the atmosphere tonight (throughout the entire game, let alone the crazy 4th quarter) and it's like two different stadium atmospheres. Point being, football is such a week to week sport. To extrapolate much based on what teams do before or after they play us, often seems arbitrary.

Go Gophers!!

Yes, PSU team and fans get up for tOSU. No one gets up for MN. Football is very psychological.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was obvious.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I disagree. The difference in timing is probably pretty subtle looking in real time especially considering how non egregious the contact was.

Uh oh. The people who love to rely on the transitive property of college football to make their points about why the Gophers suck got punched really hard in the mouth tonight.

I disagree. The difference in timing is probably pretty subtle looking in real time especially considering how non egregious the contact was.

I noticed it right away. Many on twitter did as well. Even in real time it looked pretty obvious.

Whatever, it is over.

Top Bottom