Week 7 Other Games Thread

The video on Twitter was impressive. 5 rushing TDs for him!?!!!

Smart decision making. He runs to turn the corner.

1697337080287.png

Then he sees he will be cut-off so her cuts inside. Have to pick the right spot fast and keep moving.

1697337150640.png

1697337193603.png

1697337219724.png

North Carolina and Maye wearing Miami down, they look good with Tez back

There are many different ways to win. You'd never think this game was a monkey stomp by Notre Dame by looking at the top of the stats.

1697338036871.png

There are many different ways to win. You'd never think this game was a monkey stomp by Notre Dame by looking at the top of the stats.

View attachment 27686

That's the strangest victory stat sheet I can remember. Except upon examination ND was more efficient per pass and per rush. USC did way less with more.

USC that did everything it could to lose last week vs another team that beat them … at trying to lose.

USC has talent but is also wonky. They had a butt kicking coming.

I bet ND watching film couldn’t wait to play.
Looks like ND loves the game and USC just likes it.

Last edited:

I'm posting the box score from the Iowa-Wisconsin game.

Here's what jumps out, to me:

Iowa had 200 yards rushing on 48 carries. That's 4.16 yards per attempt. But look closer: Leshon Williams had an 82-yard run for a TD. That's the only explosive play, and the only TD scored by either team. Other than that play, Iowa ran for 118 yards on 47 carries — which is 2.5 yards per carry.

Meanwhile, Iowa had 14 total pass attempts for 37 total yards.

Iowa stayed with their game plan, patiently, almost stubbornly, and just kept 'pounding the rock'. They let their all-world punter put their opponent in terrible field position, time after time. They allowed their defense to do their thing.

Iowa had no turnovers. Wisconsin had an interception and lost a fumble. Iowa wins the turnover battle, 2 to 0.

The result: Iowa won a rivalry game by 9 points, on the road... in a game in which they were 8.5 point underdogs!

This is no fluke. They do it all the time. This is simply what Iowa does, and what Iowa is.

I have to give them respect. They don't get enough credit. They know who and what they are, and they win with it.
We respect how they “play not to lose”, but rag on Fleck for it.

Air Force has a solid shot at going undefeated. Too bad they didn’t play anyone in non conference.

I mostly read/skimmed Brian Billick's book on offense. He wrote about increasing the statistical probabilities, which means what is most likely to work and also setting that up.

I have no way to know what is most likely to work for the Gophers. Maybe they are not doing stuff because it lessens their chances, based on how likely the players convert against who they are playing. I don't know. Or maybe they are squeezing the beat enough for more sugar. Maybe veterans here know what's going on.

#19 Washington St is getting annihilated by Arizona 44-6.
Arizona's 3 losses were all by a touchdown or less. 2 overtime losses away to USC and Miss St and lost by 7 to Washington. They could go from 1 win to 5 wins to 7 or 8 in the Jedd Fisch era

COLORADO STATE! HAIL MARY!

[edit under review]

Call confirmed.

Crazy!

Colorado State with 21 points in the last 4:01 of the game.

33C46F95-EC2F-40D2-99EB-301FB1052741.jpeg

Last edited:

We respect how they “play not to lose”, but rag on Fleck for it.
To me, "playing not to lose" is not the same as simply playing conservative or being run heavy. If your game plan, identity, and personnel make that work for you, go ahead. "Playing not to lose" is when you play one way for most of the game, get a lead, and then call off the dogs under the misguided hope that, if you avoid the big play, the clock will run out before the other team is able to catch up.

If a service academy runs the triple option all game, that's an identity. If a team is winning the game with an efficient passing game, and then in the 4th quarter with a two score lead stops throwing the ball and has a bunch of three and outs because they decided that keeping the ball on the ground so the clock keeps running is more important than doing what worked for them and giving themselves a better chance to keep moving the sticks and put up more points, that's playing not to lose.

Top Bottom