Week 3 Other Games Thread

Northwestern’s defense is just bad.

Purdue, Nebraska and Northwestern really hurting the Big Ten West right now. It's bad for the Gophers that the narrative nationally will be, "They didn't play anyone in the non-conference and play in the worst division in Power 5". Our future rankings are being impacted. Come on Purdue!!
This is such a weird and incorrect take.

If the gophers go 12-0 it doesn’t matter who they played. They’d be ranked like 6.

Nebraska can't stop a quick-hitter up the gut on 4th/4 against a 2nd string QB. They truly are terrible on defense.

The Irish are asking how America got that "football" through customs a couple weeks back.

When do they start running time in the Nebraska game?

Huh? what you just said is my point. At 12-0 they should be top 4, not 6.
Plus one loss to Penn State or Michigan State, 11-1 they're ranking us like 18
Don’t lose to those teams.

And they’d need to win the big ten title to be top 4. As they should.

Do you think northwestern or Nebraska being 5-7 really makes the gophers national perception better?

Don’t lose to those teams.

And they’d need to win the big ten title to be top 4. As they should.

Do you think northwestern or Nebraska being 5-7 really makes the gophers national perception better?
1, 12-0 you shouldn't be behind multiple one loss teams before a conference championship.
2, Nebraska and northwestern won't be winning 5 games combined.
3, I also said PURDUE and didn't include the flailing of Wisconsin and Iowa because they aren't playing at the moment.
4, It was the same thing that happened in 2019 when the gophers were 9-0 after beating #4 Penn State. Were ranked behind a 2-loss team I believe and several one loss teams because of the perception of their schedule.

The perception of the non-conference and the division ABSOLUTELY plays into where a team gets ranked.

Brohm is 29-30 at Purdue.

20-23 in the big ten.

His highest ranking at Purdue is 25.

1, 12-0 you shouldn't be behind multiple one loss teams before a conference championship.
2, Nebraska and northwestern won't be winning 5 games combined.
3, I also said PURDUE and didn't include the flailing of Wisconsin and Iowa because they aren't playing at the moment.
4, It was the same thing that happened in 2019 when the gophers were 9-0 after beating #4 Penn State. Were ranked behind a 2-loss team I believe and several one loss teams because of the perception of their schedule.

The perception of the non-conference and the division ABSOLUTELY plays into where a team gets ranked.
2019 is irrelevant because the gophers then lost to Iowa and Wisconsin.

You are so god damn annoying...
Hahaha. Sorry man. I just think the gophers being ranked behind teams is OK especially in 2019 when they lost 2 of the final 3. They were ranked properly. Two loss Minnesota ended the season 10th. Seems about right to me.

Syracuse commits a very dumb personal foul on a critical play, keeping the Purdue drive alive just when it seemed the momentum was completely orange. Purdue then does what it had to do and completed an important long drive. Interesting game, but still nothing for Purdue to be proud of.

Indiana and Northwestern currently bumbling their way to embarrassing losses, if things hold.

Watching with the sound down, is Chubba Purdy Brock Purdy's brother?

Purdue, Nebraska and Northwestern really hurting the Big Ten West right now. It's bad for the Gophers that the narrative nationally will be, "They didn't play anyone in the non-conference and play in the worst division in Power 5". Our future rankings are being impacted. Come on Purdue!!
We have to beat MSU!

Notre Dame sucks pretty bad too. What is happening!?

The Purdue suckage is real…

DAE remember when Jeff Brohm tried to humiliate PJ by making him do the post-game outside by the bus?

Nebraska can't stop a quick-hitter up the gut on 4th/4 against a 2nd string QB. They truly are terrible on defense.
That’s their biggest flaw of the many large flaws. That defense is horrendous. Blackshirts need to be retired.

A reminder that NW is losing by two scores to a team that gave up 64 pts to Incarnate Word.

Top Bottom