Saturday
Temple vs Navy
Oklahoma State at Oklahoma
Baylor at West Virginia
Alabama vs Florida
Clemson vs Va Tech
Penn State vs wisconsin

From the Detroit News:

Detroit – Western Michigan's fans are set to pack Ford Field on Friday night.

As of Thursday morning, more than 46,000 tickets had been sold for the Mid-American championship game against Ohio, according to WMU athletic director Kathy Beauregard.

"And climbing," Beauregard said.

That will easily break the MAC championship game record, set in 1998, when Marshall hosted 28,085. The neutral-site record at Ford Field is 25,483, set in 2006, when Central Michigan beat Ohio.

Friday's crowd is expected to be heavily for WMU, which is 12-0 and needs a win to secure a likely spot in a New Year's Six bowl game. The Broncos are gunning for a berth in the Cotton Bowl, Jan. 2 in Arlington, Texas.

Each school was distributed 6,000 tickets, with the rest available for public purchase.

"And we could've used more," Beauregard said at Ford Field on Thursday.

From the Detroit News:

Detroit – Western Michigan's fans are set to pack Ford Field on Friday night.

As of Thursday morning, more than 46,000 tickets had been sold for the Mid-American championship game against Ohio, according to WMU athletic director Kathy Beauregard.

"And climbing," Beauregard said.

That will easily break the MAC championship game record, set in 1998, when Marshall hosted 28,085. The neutral-site record at Ford Field is 25,483, set in 2006, when Central Michigan beat Ohio.

Friday's crowd is expected to be heavily for WMU, which is 12-0 and needs a win to secure a likely spot in a New Year's Six bowl game. The Broncos are gunning for a berth in the Cotton Bowl, Jan. 2 in Arlington, Texas.

Each school was distributed 6,000 tickets, with the rest available for public purchase.

"And we could've used more," Beauregard said at Ford Field on Thursday.

That's incredible. Good for Western.

Is 13-0 a good record? Pretty good for a coach who doesn't know X's and O's. When is the last time a MAC team went 13-0?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone jokes about it, but it's no wonder why Minnesota competes with Western Michigan for recruits...
Watching this game, they clearly have better playmakers than we do, especially at WR..

I wish the Big Ten officials were 80% as good as these MAC officials. Best officiated half I've seen all year.

The only question in this game is, does WM get more or less than 40?

Fleck definitely wears his headset too much.
What does he need it for? What does he say?

I wish the Big Ten officials were 80% as good as these MAC officials. Best officiated half I've seen all year.

That's the Big Ten Farm system. I think two are from Minnesota.

Washington scores quickly. Probably going to be a high scoring game.

Again, these officials so much better than any Big Ten I've seen. Replay officials light years better.

This Lifau is a gamer. If he doesn't go out with injury the second half of the Michigan game we may be discussing this game as a play-in for the playoff.

And....down with another injury.

That's the Big Ten Farm system. I think two are from Minnesota.

I wonder what happens when they get to the Big????? [emoji848]

Tip your hats to Ohio, their defense, and the senior QB who came in. Good game. RTB. Great story! Hope Purdue doesn't get Fleck, we'll go from being 4th or 5th in the West to 5th or 6th, maybe 7th.

Watching Colorado be good again just reminds me how much I miss the Big 12 as it was.

What a crazy sequence. One handed TD catch when the QB is trying to throw it away. Then Colorado fumbles he kickoff return, another guy picks it up and runs to the 3.

Colorado coach playing to lose kicking the FG down 24 to an excellent team with just over a quarter to play. His offense has shown nothing, but he feels they'll outscore WA 21-0 the rest of the way.

Might not have to worry about a NY6 controversy... Navy getting hammered 21-0 by Temple right now.

Where the hell is Bedlam?

ESPN says it's on Fox...but not on my TV.

Where the hell is Bedlam?

ESPN says it's on Fox...but not on my TV.

Same here...it's some informercial on my TV. I have the Sling package that includes Fox 9. Can anyone with OTA confirm that this game isn't on here?

Nevermind! Looks like Fox 9 put it on My29. How weird.

24-3 Owls at half. Niumatalolo is gonna need to pull off a heck of a coaching job in the 2nd half to get the title.

Watching bedlam and Big Ten calls targeting completely different than rest of country. Big hit with helmet contact on pass over middle. No flag, no review.

24-3 Owls at half. Niumatalolo is gonna need to pull off a heck of a coaching job in the 2nd half to get the title.

Particularly when they lost their starting QB and RB in the 1st Half.

No way the Gophers wouldn't have gotten ejected this year for that hit in the Oklahoma game

As I watch the conference championship for "The American", it occurred to me that the Big Twelve really just needs to form an alliance with The American and the Mountain West.

Have the previous year's champion of those conferences "play-up" in the Big Twelve the next season, replacing the last place teams from each of two Big Twelve divisions. Add Army and BYU to make it 36 teams.

The Big Twelve will never again be relevant without such a bold move. Having Oklahoma win a CCG of a mediocre 10-team conference next year isn't going to fix their problems.

Jerry Kill is roaming the sidelines at the KState game. Looking like Yoda with his hood pulled down and scraggly beard. He's having fun - hugging and high-fiving players!

Top Bottom