Week 13 Rivalry Week Other Games Thread

Iowa won that game mainly through special teams, which arguably was a huge factor in the MN game too. Not sure where they got such a good kicking game from, but wow.

He is awesome. Really enjoy his commentary.
Love that guy...but for this one he should just turn the camera on....stare at it for like 15 seconds then say f...it....and shut it off :)

The Iowa Way does it again. Special teams, defense.

Ferentz just got emotional/teary in postgame.

Didn't do us any good, but damn it is fun watching the Huskers implode.

Just take one moment and think how massively creative Nebby had to be to fuck up that game. It's pretty impressive.

I can't imagine being a Nebraska fan. It would be equivalent to taking a decade's worth of Masonesque crazy meltdowns and incorporating all in one season.

I was cheering for Nebraska, but damn, their meltdowns are epic.

As for the west, it just sort of feels like someone has to win it. Could have sort of pulled the winner out of hat.

Just take one moment and think how massively creative Nebby had to be to fuck up that game. It's pretty impressive.

I can't imagine being a Nebraska fan. It would be equivalent to taking a decade's worth of Masonesque crazy meltdowns and incorporating all in one season.
Fairly deep in the 4th quarter, Iowa had 34 yards and Nebraska had 29. 12 points for Iowa and 0 for Nebraska.

Nebraska ended up even in scoring in the B1G and went 1-8.
Not a meaningful point ... this is entirely due to a single game where they ran up the score bigly on awful Northwestern.

Congratulations Nebraska on their NCAA record 9 one-score losses, well deserved.
I honestly feel like this is the reason the spread was favoring them ... they figured there's no statistically possible way they can lose that many like that back to back to back to back ....

now we’re gonna have these iowa fans rooting for us. gross
Either Iowa or Wisconsin gets violated by OSU. It's sort of depressing how when you win the west, that's it.

I love how Frost has instilled that mental toughness, confidence, and belief in his players. He doesn't believe in slogans, he just believes in teaching his players how to shit their pants time and time and time and time and time and time and so on and so on and so on...

A season for the ages for Nebraska.
In multiples ways. For both Neb, and for the Big Ten.

Truly wish they'd leave and go to another conference. Honestly, at this point with Texas and OU leaving .... the Big 12 would be perfect for them.

Iowa won that game mainly through special teams, which arguably was a huge factor in the MN game too. Not sure where they got such a good kicking game from, but wow.
Maybe Fleck should just let his kickers focus on kicking instead of spraying water at them and all the other nonsensical gimmicks he does to them?

They just said on the Postgame that Nebraska is the only team in History to lose 9 games in a season by single digits and their Conference Points Won by Margin for one game (NW, 49) matches the Points Lost Margin (49 for the other 8 games) .... crazy

Just thought of this….ANOTHER ONE SCORE LOSS! 🤣🤣

Nebraska (badly) wanted to be apart of the Big Ten, back in the early 1900's. They applied, and were rejected.

Instead they went into the MVIAA which was the precursor to the Big 6/7/8.

Nebraska football is entirely what it is today, because of all the wins it got to stockpile playing within that conference.

It built up wins, and won Orange Bowls/Natty's on that foundation.

If it had been admitted to the Big Ten from the start .... Nebraska football would be equivalent to Illinois football today.

It's entirely due to that and them losing 8 games by very little.
Then the real, actual crazy thing is, that they lost 8 games by very little. That is plenty good enough of a point.

No need to throw in some red herring about how they ran up the score on NW.

Funny that All Iowans will be Gopher fans tomorrow 🙄

The Rumble in the Rockies ended the first half on a cool note. Colorado's kicker nailed a 56 yard field goal with time expiring. Only down 14-6 right now....but I'd expect Utah to beat them down in the second half.

i
their kicker Is automatic

Top Bottom