Week 11 Big Ten Power Rankings

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Yahoo Sports is first out of the gate:

7. Minnesota

Previous power ranking: No. 8 (up one spot)

Record: 6-4 (4-3 in Big Ten)

Last week’s result: Loss at Iowa, 27-22

Minnesota put up a tough effort in a rivalry matchup against Iowa, but came up short in the end. The Golden Gophers are essentially out of the Big Ten West Division race after back-to-back losses.

Go Gophers!!

Wolverine Wire chimes in:

7. Minnesota

Despite losing by five points to Iowa, Minnesota moves up a spot, thanks to Purdue’s blowout loss. Now on what we can assume is the Gophers’ 18th-string running back, the fighting P.J. Flecks still managed to accumulate nearly 200 yards rushing and 220 yards passing against a very good Iowa defense. Conversely, it held Iowa to 277 total yards, but still lost. Given that Minnesota was ranked just two weeks ago, the two-game losing streak is disappointing, but there’s no shame to lose in Kinnick Stadium, especially in a close one.

Go Gophers!!

Black Hearts Gold Pants chimes in:

6. Minnesota (6-4, 4-3)​

I love, love, LOVE how PJ Fleck is 0-2 since receiving a fancy schmancy five-year contract extension that pays him around $5 million a year or so. Gopher football fandom is doomed to live in the quagmire it occupied throughout the entire course of my upbringing in Minnesota, and there simply isn’t anything that can be done to break that curse.

Unless Minnesota wanted to, I don’t know, give me an honorary degree and a guest lecturer title? Do that, and the Gilded Rodents will surely be back on track to eight-win seasons!

Go Gophers!!

Buckeyes Wire chimes in:

8. Minnesota

The reason for the ranking​

Two weeks ago, we thought the Golden Gophers might be the team to beat in the West. Now, we’re wondering which team will show up next week. There are limitations with this team, but the competitive spirit is there if it plays mistake-free football. The tough loss against Iowa continues the slide for Minnesota.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom