Week 10 Other Games Thread

You just have to dare him to throw deep. He's very accurate throwing short passes but he has a noodle arm.

Noodle arm... so says another GH expert.

You guys should start a judgement category of all who are any good at anything. :cool02:

Pitt just totaled screwed up. Tie game with the ball at the Duke 11 yard line late in the 4th. They have one timeout and enough time to run one more play. They run the ball to the far right and gain a few yards. So instead of just getting the ball to the middle of the field, they make their kicker try the chip shot FG from the far right hash instead of straight on. And guess what, he misses it.

I know the kicker should have made it but why don't you make that as easy as possible especially considering the bad weather conditions?

A&M trying to be cute instead of just running out the clock.

Noodle arm... so says another GH expert.

You guys should start a judgement category of all who are any good at anything. :cool02:

You already do that with message board posts, maybe you should expand to having a take on something other than the quality of others' takes

You already do that with message board posts, maybe you should expand to having a take on something other than the quality of others' takes

Some guy...you complain about my opinions complaining about peoples' opinions.

Got it.

They showed a highlight of Maryland refusing to shake hands with Penn St at the coin flip. Awfully strange to me.

Saw that too. Agree with GiA. I guess Maryland wants to join the WWE next season.

Could have easily called a personal foul on Maryland on the Hackenburg incompletion, but I've seen less called and more not called.

Curious if Edsall and franklin ever shook.

Curious if Edsall and franklin ever shook.

Edsall was backpedaling wildly during his post-game comments to the sideline reporter.

Big win for the Terps.

Looks like Nebraska studied a lot of Purdue's wrinkles on tape.

That was obviously not a TD for Michigan and yet no reversal. Not sure how the review crew can be so wrong?

That was obviously not a TD for Michigan and yet no reversal. Not sure how the review crew can be so wrong?

If it's anything like the NFL, the player's entire body needs to be past the line of scrimmage for it to be illegal. Gardner's back leg wasn't.

Saw that too. Agree with GiA. I guess Maryland wants to join the WWE next season.

There was a big bench clearing pushing incident before the game. The two teams don't like each other. Maryland, obviously still fired up from the pre-game incident, chose not to shake hands. They wanted to make a statement and show they meant business, then went out and backed it up. I see nothing wrong with it.

We better have some attitude next week against Iowa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's anything like the NFL, the player's entire body needs to be past the line of scrimmage for it to be illegal. Gardner's back leg wasn't.

Heard that. Terrible rule imo.

I was thinking, if we beat another team... it could only be Iowa. On second thought, it might be Nebraska. Bo always seems to get in the way of their success.

Looks like a spoke too soon on Nebraska figuring out Purdue. "Wheels" Appleby goes off for a 25-yard TD.

I think NW was overrated for years and there's still a residual effect. They're not very good and Siemian is terrible.

Where were you as the voice of reason when we beat them on a special teams play? People here had me convinced they were good.

Florida is all over Georgia. Assuming Georgia loses, the SEC East leader will be Missouri, a team who lost at home to a BT last place Indiana team.

Where were you as the voice of reason when we beat them on a special teams play? People here had me convinced they were good.

I've been saying it for the last couple of years. They've had a 10-win and 9-win season in the past decade, so it's not like they are miserable, but they usually can't stand up to more physically talented teams. Fitzgerald had a string of really solid QBs and they were running the read/option before it was "cool," which made them a bit of an anomaly and tough to scheme against.

I was a bit surprised we didn't beat them soundly.

TCU hits a FG with no time left to win 31-30. Go frogs!

Florida completes just 3 passes but still dominates over Georgia. They have one RB rush for 197 yards, the other with 192.

TCU hits a FG with no time left to win 31-30. Go frogs!
Nice to see TCU come back and win that game especially after the missed hold/PI call with about 4 minutes left that looked like it could have been a TD play for TCU. If Kansas State beats Oklahoma State tonight I would think Gameday would be headed to Fort Worth for the big TCU/Kansas State game next Saturday.

Nice to see TCU come back and win that game especially after the missed hold/PI call with about 4 minutes left that looked like it could have been a TD play for TCU. If Kansas State beats Oklahoma State tonight I would think Gameday would be headed to Fort Worth for the big TCU/Kansas State game next Saturday.
Gameday was at WVU today for the game, so I don't know if they'd cover TCU twice in a row. Definitely a possibility though.

Gameday was at WVU today for the game, so I don't know if they'd cover TCU twice in a row. Definitely a possibility though.

Yep, plus there is Notre Dame-Arizona St. or Michigan St.-Ohio St as well. My guess is they'll be in East Lansing.

Florida completes just 3 passes but still dominates over Georgia. They have one RB rush for 197 yards, the other with 192.

So, a 4-3 Florida team downs #11 team in the nation. Using poll-logic, the defeat of their SEC foe should elevate Florida to #12 or so. Maybe top 10?

Nice to see TCU get a tough win.

Top Bottom