2 p.m., ABC and the ESPN App

Bonagura: Rutgers vs. Florida
Schlabach: Minnesota vs. Auburn

Go Gophers!!

247 chimes in:

Las Vegas Bowl

Projected matchup
: Minnesota vs. Arizona

The Wildcats just finished a brutal five-week stretch with five consecutive top 20 opponents. Credit the Wildcats for notching a couple of wins in that group and they'll be well-deserving of a postseason bid. Minnesota is tied with Wisconsin and Nebraska for second in the Big Ten West behind Iowa. Any of those three teams could play here.

Go Gophers!!

Guaranteed Rate Bowl
Chase Field (Phoenix)
9 p.m., ESPN and the ESPN App

Bonagura: Minnesota vs. West Virginia

miracle-on-ice-again.gif

ESPN first out of the gate:

TransPerfect Music City Bowl
Schlabach:
Minnesota vs. Auburn

Yea right, Minnesota vs Auburn. At the Cotton Bowl too.

With this team there's no way to even guess. All the Bowl Games listed sound great if the Gophers actually get there. If Minnesota actually plays Auburn, I would say that's a successful season because it means they beat Purdue and Wisconsin.

Yea right, Minnesota vs Auburn. At the Cotton Bowl too.

With this team there's no way to even guess. All the Bowl Games listed sound great if the Gophers actually get there. If Minnesota actually plays Auburn, I would say that's a successful season because it means they beat Purdue and Wisconsin.
The way the bowls work now, these projections don’t really change regardless of results of games.

Basically:
Playoff
NY6
Almost NY6 so you get whatever capital one/Outback are called.

The same bowl regardless of if you’re 6-6 or 9-3

The way the bowls work now, these projections don’t really change regardless of results of games.

Basically:
Playoff
NY6
Almost NY6 so you get whatever capital one/Outback are called.

The same bowl regardless of if you’re 6-6 or 9-3

Thanks for explaining that. So it doesn't matter if the Gophers win 1 or 2 of their winnable games. I'd love to see Gophers play and beat a school with the football history of Auburn that is having a down-ish year. It feels like this Gophers team doesn't deserve a bowl after the Northwestern and then Illinois collapses.

1699231478021.png

1699231572539.png

And then doesn't matter.

Isn't that the mood around here today? Doesn't matter.

Gophers to the Doesn't Matter Anymore bowl.

Thanks for explaining that. So it doesn't matter if the Gophers win 1 or 2 of their winnable games. I'd love to see Gophers play and beat a school with the football history of Auburn that is having a down-ish year. It feels like this Gophers team doesn't deserve a bowl after the Northwestern and then Illinois collapses.

View attachment 28080

View attachment 28081

And then doesn't matter.

I think it does matter if they win both NU and IlL for bowl purposes because they’d be 7-2 and in that higher tier of Outback/capital one.

But once they dropped one of them they’re into that bottom tier. And they get placed more than they win their way into this bowl vs that bowl. They probably aren’t going to be pinstripe regardless of if they’re 6-6 or 8-4 for instance.

View attachment 28080

View attachment 28081

And then doesn't matter.

I’m holding out for the Toilet.

P.J. needs to take his team to the coachign "Change Your Best" Bowl.

Top Bottom