Week 1 (not week zero) - Other Games Threads

+GSU nearly doubled their yardage total
- they may have lost their QB in the process

They don’t look anywhere near a decent GA Tech vintage or even the academies. Not very crisp, just a little slow on everything. Playing LSU is probably not helpful as they are closing really quickly.

GSU does have a better kicker than us. Just hope it doesn’t come down to that. Yikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm convinced we should've hired bohl after Mason.

I would love to see the Gophers play a home and home vs Wyoming. Looks like a beautiful setting. Wyoming has the second best college uniforms in my opinion.

Is Georgia State an SEC level team?

Is Georgia State an SEC level team?

Don't know.

But if Georgia Southern plays the Gophers close in a couple weeks, it will mean they are a B1G level team. At least, that seems to be the way it works on Gopher Hole.

SEC not looking great to start the year. South Carolina, Ole Miss, Tennessee losing non conference games. Mizzou in trouble.

LSU pulling starters vs vaunted gsu

Georgia State was ranked 136 in Sagarin.
Therefore they are NOT an SEC level team.

Fresno v USC in 15 minutes.

Fresno v USC in 15 minutes.

Not a ton of great games this week.
Bachemeier throwing for 400 against FLA ST is probably the best game of the day.

Really? He hasn't exactly done anything special at Wyoming, even when he had an Josh Allen.

Wyoming is very tough place to recruit, hard even get recruits on campus. I appreciate physical style, and clearly better than brew

Wyoming is very tough place to recruit, hard even get recruits on campus. I appreciate physical style, and clearly better than brew

So is Minnesota. I think his style would've worked here to a certain degree, similar to Kill in my opinion. Not sure he woulda been able to elevate the program beyond Mason, but you never really know. Just because a coach doesn't excel at one place doesn't mean he can't at another.

I’m trying to think of an FBS school any harder to recruit to than WY?

Minnesota isn’t in the same ball park. Not even in the same sport.

So is Minnesota. I think his style would've worked here to a certain degree, similar to Kill in my opinion. Not sure he woulda been able to elevate the program beyond Mason, but you never really know. Just because a coach doesn't excel at one place doesn't mean he can't at another.

That’s true.
I would rather have Bob Neilson than Craig Bohl if we were just going to go local angle

I’m trying to think of an FBS school any harder to recruit to than WY?

Minnesota isn’t in the same ball park. Not even in the same sport.

Moscow Idaho was, but they’re dropping down.

Georgia Southern had 24 yards passing tonight in a game they were down by 21 before their third possession. Backup QB was in after Werts got an arm / shoulder injury.

They will do better than that against the Gophers.

USC had a 61 yard opening kickoff return negated because they had two #7s in the game at the same time. No joke.

Top Bottom