Weber lost this one... ALONE

Has anyone ever seen weber throw the ball away when he comes under pressure?

Has anyone ever seen Weber step up in the pocket to give himself a chance in pressure to either throw a completion or throw it away rather than run backwards and get sacked? Some of the sacks are not the lines fault.

If you were in the stands you would have seen the entire field and that Weber had at least 15 seconds on every single play to find a receiver, including a wide open RB or Tow-Arnett up the middle. On every play, he stood there like a dumbsh*t with no clue what to do. So he would float the ball to whatever WR he could find and it would either sail over the WR's head or far to either side of him. The OL was fantastic today. Weber cannot read an offense any more.

People can say what they want about the defense, but we gave up the same yards and points we have to almost everyone else all season. The BOOOOS were completely justified. Weber played a pathetic game. He might rebound but the question will always be, "who will we get today." If that's the way you like your home team football played, buona fortuna.

I agree this loss is totally on Weber, He dug us such a hole in the first half that we can credit the coaches and players for actually making it a game. You can't compete with a QB that has no accuracy. Although Illinois' final TD with Pass Interference on us was a terrible call, Their receiver rode our DB all the way into the endzone and then pushed off to catch the ball. totally offensive pass interference.

Are all these true?

Weber has been told:

1) don't throw the ball away;
2) take sacks;
3) don't step up in the pocket;
4) don't run;
5) look deep first;
6) stare down your first option;
7) waste timeouts;
8) it's not about accuracy;
9) throw into double coverage.

One more thing weber should be told is that he should enter the NFL draft so we aren't stuck with him next year.

I agree this loss is totally on Weber, He dug us such a hole in the first half that we can credit the coaches and players for actually making it a game. You can't compete with a QB that has no accuracy. Although Illinois' final TD with Pass Interference on us was a terrible call, Their receiver rode our DB all the way into the endzone and then pushed off to catch the ball. totally offensive pass interference.

Hey Pete!! You know you are wrong when bankonit agrees with you..:clap:

Get a grip people. One guy cost the game? You guys have no idea do you? Kicking game was pathetic. Defense was really bad. Coaching was beyond bad---I mean you Fisch! And yes, the qb play was terrible--both qb's, or did the Gray backers forget about the easy td throw missed and the hand-it-to-the-defense fumble? Besides Eskridge, no one had a good game. One guy can't lose a game..I would think adults might have figured that out by now:mad:

Did Weber lose the game all by himself? Hardly. However, that INT he threw for a Illini TD was absolutely terrible.

Weber has not progressed as I thought he would from his RFr year. He is a three year starter that still struggles to get rid of the ball and make rapid progressions. Is it the change in system? Coaching? I don't know, but he has not progressed and gotten better in three years, but again, neither has Juice Williams. Sometimes players reach their level of play and don't progress.

Brewster needs to work Gray into the scheme more and not just with the running game.

My Vent

I agree with Cduff. That was a horrible offensive game plan. Against the worst rushing defense in the Big 10 we come out slinging the ball with a QB who has been inconsistent, Decker out, and a fleet of young wide recievers. Yes, they had success against MSU but linghtning doesn't strike twice.

Weber was horrible in the first half but he never should have been asked to throw 17 passes.

RUN THE FOOTBALL AGAINST ILLINOIS!

I could not believe we tried throwing the ball on a second a goal at the 1. After the chop block penalty against the Badgers on first and goal at the 1 I was sure they wouldn't do that again - wrong.

Brewster should have vetoed that game plan and after the Wisconsin game said if we have a first and goal at the one, we run it the the first three downs.

Gophs had it all lined-up:
7 point favorites at home
Bowl eligibility
4 conference wins, one more than last year
Building home field advantage in The Bank
Beautiful day
Vikes on a bye so more press for the Gophers

Extremely disappointing performance all the way around: offense, defense, special teams, coaching, and the student section emptry seats.

At least the band, the sky divers and the Cub Food challenge player performed well!

Fans sitting around us

I defended Adam yesterday as we had many many fans sitting around us that were calling him a variety of names (especially in the 1st half) and wanted him benched. I have never been critical of Adam because he does have his 'good' games. In his defense, I received plenty of ridicule from others yesterday. Maybe they have a point....any other Big Ten coach would have benched their QB after a poor first half performance like Adam had. Many of the passes were over-thrown or under-thrown and we're not catchable. I'm not a coach by any means...but to be honest...it might be time to give the next QB some real playing time.

Go Gophers. I'll hang-up and listen.

At least the band, the sky divers and the Cub Food challenge player performed well!

I was excited to see the Cub Food player do well at halftime - he nailed that kick!!! I've always wondered just how hard that challenge really is - but I think for most people it would be darn near impossible just because of the FG alone. That guy was money!!!

I wonder if he knows how to kickoff in the field of play? Someone should ask if he has any eligibility??? ;)

One more thing weber should be told is that he should enter the NFL draft so we aren't stuck with him next year.

How much would it take to give to Kiper Jr. to hype up Weber and say he is right there as a late first round /2nd round pick?

Just watched the game again. Here is my take one Mr. Weber.

1. 3 of the 7(or whatever it was) were avoidable. Seriously play action from the half yard line.....

2. On at least 3 first half bad misses were due to him and the WR being on a different page IE. One of the deep balls over McKnight's head was supposed to be a post not a slant. one to Stoudermire was supposed to be an out and he didn't really run any route maybe a half speed go route. 3rd was just miscommunication where a wr sat in a zone and weber thought he was going to keep going.

3. 2-3 drops the main one being McKnight 60 or so yard bomb in the end zone.

4. INT was a terrible throw and decision.

5. definitely more successful in the second half on what seemed like a healthy dose of 3 step drops.

I still like seeing the deep ball too with one drop and 2 pass inter. wondering why we haven't seen it more all year.

Weber not good in the first half very effective in the second half you just never know what your going to get.
my 2 cents

Top Bottom