Weber’s Off-Season Preparation Impresses Decker

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this nugget from Shama:

Weber’s Off-Season Preparation Impresses Decker

Adam Weber has impressed former roommate Eric Decker this summer with his preparation for the upcoming season.

“He’s hungry this year,” Decker said of the Gophers senior quarterback. “I can see it ...in his work ethic and his eyes, that he really wants it this year. I was down in his room and he’s got some good goals set in mind as far as how he wants to lead this team, how he wants to go out as a Golden Gopher. …He’s gonna get what he deserves.”

Decker, who was Weber’s favorite receiver in past seasons before being drafted last spring by Denver, believes that Weber is determined to work through adversity to be successful. Last season the school-record setting quarterback struggled along with the rest of the offense.

Weber found himself playing in a new offense for a new coordinator. His offensive line and receivers faltered more often than anyone in Dinkytown wanted. “He’s got a lot of criticism but he keeps his head up and he’s got a good head on his shoulders,” Decker said. “You want to be friends with him, you want to follow him because he does things the right way. …I think it will work out for him this year.”

Decker made a reputation at Minnesota for not only being a sure-handed wide receiver but also having an exemplary attitude. That attitude was part of what attracted Denver to draft him on the third round. It appears that sooner or later Denver is looking for leadership from players like Decker and rookie quarterback Tim Tebow, guys who will be warriors on the field, role models off.

“My teammates so far realize they love the game,” Decker said. “They’re giving all they’ve got on the field, and then off the field they’re just down to earth simple people that give back and do the right thing.”

Decker said he’s physically recovered now from the left foot injury that made him miss five games in 2009. He and other Denver players are scheduled to start practice next week.

http://www.shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

I really do think that Weber is going to have a stellar year. I think his O-line will be much improved and his recievers will be pretty good. Having Decker out the last five games of the season helped build chemistry with his other recievers. I think he'll be one of the better quarterbacks in the Big Ten this year.

If we find someone who can run the ball we might be pretty good on offense this year. Our Defense now that's another story. It will be terrible unless Cosgrove is a miracle worker.

If we find someone who can run the ball we might be pretty good on offense this year. Our Defense now that's another story. It will be terrible unless Cosgrove is a miracle worker.

Why would it be a miracle for the defense to be better than terrible? Where's the evidence? The fact that we lost nine starters is not evidence. To say that, we'd need evidence that the 9 new starters are going to be bad. It COULD happen, sure, but we should have evidence to make the claim, let alone to claim it would be miraculous if did didn't.

What we are seeing is the same reviews repeated, which didn't analyze the talent available, but merely assumed that the unknowns would be bad.

Defense will definitely be more athletic and explosive this year, as long as they can handle the system/playbook, I see no reason why they shouldn't be better than last year.

I see that you're still in the Emo phase of your "Emo/We're The Best" bi-polar sports disorder.

I have to say that I'm getting more upbeat about the season as we get close. Boy, the MTSU game is going to tell us a lot. Unlike the old cream puffs we'd open with at home at the Dome. There you may win the game going away, but you had no idea what that meant going forward. A road game with a decent team is going to be a real barometer for this team. Last year's road game against a fairly poor Syracuse really was a warning for 2009. PLEASE Gophers play lights out against MTSU!

Top Bottom