Weather Thread: Northwestern Home Game

Three nice layers for the body, good boots, good gloves, good hat, keep the neck warm, throw in some hand warmers and foot warmers, keep moving hands and feet, you are set until sub-zero.

Always amazes me when the students --- most of them supposedly above average intelligence, most of them having lived here fro 20 years --- show up in jeans and tennis shoes and a hoodie...no hat, no gloves.
A lot of them have pretty limited wardrobes kept at their dorms. They are probably not bringing a ton of cold weather gear with them to college.

A lot of them have pretty limited wardrobes kept at their dorms. They are probably not bringing a ton of cold weather gear with them to college.
Probably not due to all the tunnels etc.

Three nice layers for the body, good boots, good gloves, good hat, keep the neck warm, throw in some hand warmers and foot warmers, keep moving hands and feet, you are set until sub-zero.

Always amazes me when the students --- most of them supposedly above average intelligence, most of them having lived here fro 20 years --- show up in jeans and tennis shoes and a hoodie...no hat, no gloves.
That's because nothing warms you up quite like a heavy amount of booze.

Don't think you'll see any here. This is through Friday 6am. BTW if anyone is wondering which web page these are on, I find them really helpful in the winter. Here's the site: https://www.weather.gov/mpx/winter
StormTotalSnow_MPX.png
Seems to have creeped away to the north!

(EDIT: ok weird, when I quote it in the reply it shows the updated image, but then it reverts to the old image when I post it. Here is the link to the image that will show the updated:

https://www.weather.gov/images/mpx/ProbMessaging/StormTotalSnow_MPX.png

)

Looks like the I-O-W-A game is going to be esssentially the same gameday weather as Saturday...just after having a dry week next week.

Two chilly games to top off the home season...

Looks like the I-O-W-A game is going to be esssentially the same gameday weather as Saturday...just after having a dry week next week.

Two chilly games to top off the home season...
But it's still that one is NW and one is Iowa.

I wild guess that NW game is half full. Assuming we win it, Iowa should be a sellout.

Going to break out our vintage wool "Mean Goldy" blanket for this one...

hope we dodge snow/windy conditions. To me, that condition is net advantage NW who cannot throw the ball at all as it neutralizes our advantage to diversify the offense. that being said, we should beat them either way.

hope we dodge snow/windy conditions. To me, that condition is net advantage NW who cannot throw the ball at all as it neutralizes our advantage to diversify the offense. that being said, we should beat them either way.
For whatever it's worth, NWS is saying tomorrow should be pretty decent:

Saturday
Partly sunny, with a high near 31. North wind 5 to 10 mph.

The weather should be fine tomorrow. Highs around 30, north wind around 10 mph with some gusts up to 15. There could be a few scattered snow showers, however they will be short lived and accumulation is not expected.
Perfect. Shouldn't limit the play book at all likes the weather did in the NW games against OSU and PSU. I don't doubt that they played hard and did some nice things in both those games, but the conditions forced both teams to play like it was the 1930s.

I say open it up and execute. Rather this time for I-O-W-A to have a full grasp of our offense...whether it's Tanner or Athan.

Of course need to take care of the Mildcats first!

Top Bottom