Weather Thread: Northwestern Home Game

What is PJ's record in games under 35 degrees? I have No idea? Probably need to throw Iowa and Wisconsin out of the equation to get some idea.

Could be snowy depending on how the Colorado Low tracks

Could be snowy depending on how the Colorado Low tracks

This is true, however it looks like the heaviest snow will mostly stay to the west which is typical for Colorado lows. The pandhandle hookers are what really blast MSP with snow.

This is true, however it looks like the heaviest snow will mostly stay to the west which is typical for Colorado lows. The pandhandle hookers are what really blast MSP with snow.
All right, I'll play along and assume you're referencing something to do with weather patterns, what's a "pandhandle hooker"?

Whatever the weather, this one is going to require layers and cold weather gear. We all are going to freeze our giblets off unless you have Club access.

All right, I'll play along and assume you're referencing something to do with weather patterns, what's a "pandhandle hooker"?

Technically it's a panhandle hook or a Texas hooker, but I like to combine the two https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panhandle_hook

Panhandle_hook.png

Been amazing weather all season so I don’t mind some cold.

Bad weather generally helps running teams. Let's hope we run Northwestern into the ground!
Advantage...push. Northwestern is also a running team.

So . . . how many students, and fans in general, show up for a game in this kind of weather?

Advantage...push. Northwestern is also a running team.
It is not a push. We average 200+ a game on the ground and have one of the best RB in the country.

They average around 120 a game on the ground and have a solid RB in Hull.

We are a much better running team than Northwestern. We also have the much better run defense as well.

It is not a push. We average 200+ a game on the ground and have one of the best RB in the country.

They average around 120 a game on the ground and have a solid RB in Hull.

We are a much better running team than Northwestern. We also have tIhe much better run defense as well.
I am sticking with Push.

I don't think the weather (as currently forecasted) will have an impact on either teams passing game. Low wind and dry, in the high 20s, just don't feel like it's a difference maker to either team. If it temps were low teens, then...maybe. The gloves they wear now, it's not that big of a deal.

Northwestern has had to throw more often, presumably because they are almost always behind. They attempt 37 passes per game, while the Gophers 23. Even with the the more frequent pass attempts they only have about 35 yds per game advantage (230 vs 195). Both teams have nearly identical passing percentages (61%). Granted Minnesota's stats are mostly with Morgan, who I am guessing is doubtful.

Just not seeing weather as affecting the Gophers either way this week.

Bundle up, and we will find out.

Last edited:

I love cold weather games. Tailgating is better too. Bring it on!
No way! Tailgating is much better in the warmer games :)
The one thing I do like about cold weather tailgating, people seem to party a lot harder.

So . . . how many students, and fans in general, show up for a game in this kind of weather?
I'll be there - plus one. I think this will be the lowest attendance for conference games though.

I'm not gonna lie - I'm a baby at this point and am not looking forward to freezing. If purdue can win it will make this game a lot more seasonal!

Three nice layers for the body, good boots, good gloves, good hat, keep the neck warm, throw in some hand warmers and foot warmers, keep moving hands and feet, you are set until sub-zero.

Always amazes me when the students --- most of them supposedly above average intelligence, most of them having lived here fro 20 years --- show up in jeans and tennis shoes and a hoodie...no hat, no gloves.

Three nice layers for the body, good boots, good gloves, good hat, keep the neck warm, throw in some hand warmers and foot warmers, keep moving hands and feet, you are set until sub-zero.

Always amazes me when the students --- most of them supposedly above average intelligence, most of them having lived here fro 20 years --- show up in jeans and tennis shoes and a hoodie...no hat, no gloves.

I plan to wear carhartt bibs, thermals, hats, gloves, all of that good stuff. BUT - I am debating layering a thermal vest, thermal shirt, and t-shirt under a hoodie so I can still have some semblance of colors. Mistake? Not sure yet... lol.

Top Bottom