Weak Link? Pardon my Blasphemy

gopherphan

Reaction score
But after the showing at wisconsin, while it very well may be a fluke, i have to beleive that the common denominator to the teams woes this year is Westbrook. Yes, he can score, yes, hes clutch (not that it has helped any in our close games), but when hes scoring that means no one else is because hes not a pass first guy. He doesnt look to create for others on the floor who may have a better angle or an easier shot, he's primarily focused on how he can be the savior.

Tubby has in part realized this and started benching him when he's really acting up, and i think we may see more of these nights where he only gets a few minutes if he doesnt want to play along.

TBH i think itll be good for the team if that happens. 1) he'll be gone next year anyway 2) his attitude is not one i want on the court and 3) That trouncing of wisky happened with him shooting 0-fer from the field and getting 8 free throws. 4) MOAR Rodney

Yup, Blasphemy. Every player has his up and down games. Westbrook has proven to be a very clutch player. He may be a little outspoken but if you take away his performances from his career here, we would have MANY disappointing losses.

That trouncing of wisky happened with him shooting 0-fer from the field and getting 8 free throws.

Aside from Blake who else is money at the line?

I'm not a huge Westbrook fan and perhaps agree with a few of your sentiments, however, we need him and at least in my opinion, he was clutch for his role in the game. If we're going to make any kind of a run in these last games we need him to play a role a every game.

Aside from Blake who else is money at the line?

I'm not a huge Westbrook fan and perhaps agree with a few of your sentiments, however, we need him and at least in my opinion, he was clutch for his role in the game. If we're going to make any kind of a run in these last games we need him to play a role a every game.[/QUOTE]

As long as he can be a role player.

Westy played the perfect role in the Wisconsin game. He came off the bench at the end of the game and made free throws. He even tried to screw that up with his ego by going for the spectacular dunk at the end. He is a piece of work. More ego than talent, but not without talent.

Westbrook is not the best player on our team. He is solid however. In a close game with a last second shot, I would want him to have the ball. He can make his shots anywhere on the court. That is something that every good team needs.

Maybe thats the change we need then. have him off the bench. maybe thatll help his ego problems too

Top Bottom