We have a new qb recruit.

With that release, looks like he could be the next Drew Brees :love:

I really hope they still have a plan to bring in another portal QB. If Brosmer goes down I’d rather they not go to a true freshman QB.

that's the tricky part. we saw it with Fife. The Gophers have their apparent starter for next year in Brosmer. and they have their quarterback of the future in Lindsey. So any experienced QB they bring in now is coming in as insurance - break the glass in case #1 QB is injured.

that's a tough sell to convince a veteran QB to come in knowing he's going to be a backup, unless Fleck and Co. are willing to say it's an open competition for the starting job.

and a portal QB is probably going to want some NIL compensation.

Nice thread title and OP. Geezus.

I really hope they still have a plan to bring in another portal QB. If Brosmer goes down I’d rather they not go to a true freshman QB.
Well, I assume they'll still have Shikenjanski, who I assume ran the scout team last year and will be competing in spring for 2nd team reps with actual true freshman early enrollee Lindsey.

Assume this new PWO will run the scout team next year, and MaxBro, Shiken, and Lindsey will all travel. Wild guess

That is, unless like you suggested, we are able to pull in a vet to be the backup next year.

Not sure if the portal has caught up to that idea. It certainly works in the NFL. But in college, guys want to play with their limited time.

At the very least Drake Lindsey will get plenty of reps this spring to help bridge some of that gap!

As Gopher football fans, we'll probably never see a Rose Bowl in our lifetimes' but wouldn't it be nice, at least once before we die, to have a stud quarterback...I mean, someone that people outside of Minnesota are aware of and is talked about a lot in the NFL draft...if not Lindsey, maybe this kid...please?

Reminds me of Morgan in the highlights. Not a big arm but accurate. The back shoulder fade TD pass looked real sweet.
What is weird to me about the Morgan "not a big arm" thing is outside say the Outback Bowl passes .... I remember a lot of longer passes from Tanner, along the sidelines and so forth.

It's one of those things where other factors play into things to where "not a big arm" can still be more frequent and longer passes than guys with "big arm".

Uncle Rico might be able to throw the ball over them mountains, but he's not ...

Who is going to want to play back up for a year at MN? I’m guessing no one we’d really want on the field?

Who is going to want to play back up for a year at MN? I’m guessing no one we’d really want on the field?
Doesn't seem like many qbs these days will tolerate being a backup anywhere.

I agree, but what is everyone else doing? Must have similar situations. These guys have to land somewhere.

Top Bottom