We deserve better than this

Reaction score
We have waited patiently for Brew and his crew to be good. I know it has only been 3 years and I am not calling for his head but if we just play a remotely competitive first half we win this game against a team we are clearly better than. What gives brew? We know Weber had the worst half of football a player can have......play Gray....move on. He made LAZY throw after LAZY throw. I am not saying Gray is going to be the savior but at least he has potential and hope.

Weber is not the answer.

We have waited patiently for Brew and his crew to be good. I know it has only been 3 years and I am not calling for his head but if we just play a remotely competitive first half we win this game against a team we are clearly better than. What gives brew? We know Weber had the worst half of football a player can have......play Gray....move on. He made LAZY throw after LAZY throw. I am not saying Gray is going to be the savior but at least he has potential and hope.

Weber is not the answer.

You obviously have no common sense. How can Brewster keep his job if he plays all of his best players NOW? "Better times to come", buddy, just look at that marquee QB from Brew's marqee class that is riding the pine, ready to catapult Our Heroes back into the glory years!

You obviously have no common sense. How can Brewster keep his job if he plays all of his best players NOW? "Better times to come", buddy, just look at that marquee QB from Brew's marqee class that is riding the pine, ready to catapult Our Heroes back into the glory years!

Another 6-6, 5-7 season and Brew can watch his own players from the comfort of his living room.

Another 6-6, 5-7 season and Brew can watch his own players from the comfort of his living room.

I agree that he'll have to show progress next year, but disagree that it will have to be about records. He needs to play USC, PSU, and OSU tough and maybe beat Wisconsin. If he does these things and finished 6-6 or 5-7 he might get another year added.

"Weber is not the answer."

Then tell us who is?

Why act surprised with Brewsters decision to play Weber? That's the way it will be.

Saying that Gray would do just as good/bad a job is unfounded. We won't know that until Gray gets a chance to be #1 and its clear to me that will not happen this Fall. Or maybe not even next Fall!!

Another season

If the Gophers go 5-7 or 6-6 next year I don't know if the U will be as patient. Next year in all reality it will be his team. I know their will be some players left who played for Mason or were recruited by him but not very many. Ruesse keeps talking that there are a lot of people who want Brewster out at the U. I know with Pat you have to take things with a grain of salt but next year if we win only 5 or 6 games with no big wins, I think Brewster will be gone.

I think the only way Brewster gets a contract extension is having a low buy out. Someone here said not to long ago that Brewster should get a contract extension with a high buy out. No way is that going to happen. With the economic climate the only way Brewster gets a contract extension is having a U friendly buy out.

First, We don't deserve anything. It is not our Right to have a great football team or go to a Major Bowl game. This is entertainment not any Right because we buy a ticket or watch on TV.

Second, we have been only been in 1 game this year where we had no shot at winning, the Penn State Game. How often has that happened in the last 40 years? We could have won against Cal, WI, ILL, and even OSU. You must not remember the close game or losses to MAC teams or the blowouts to Mich, OSU, Penn State, Nebraska, OKLa, etc. This year the games have been exciting and competitive that is more than worth your money if you spent any. We are better off this year than we have been since 2003 and most of the years before that.

Huh?
We as fans have choices--how to spend our time, $, etc. If the product is poor, why buy?

We all deserve a lot better than the product on display each Saturday at this point. Raise your expectations a bit and refuse to settle for mediocrity.

If you are satisfied with 6-7-8 win seasons year in and year out, and a losing big ten record-you've found your team!

My support and that of most on this board is as well no matter how much we bitch, but the reality is that a high % of the customer base out there has now tuned out this team for the duration of the season. They are on the Basketball.

First, We don't deserve anything. It is not our Right to have a great football team or go to a Major Bowl game. This is entertainment not any Right because we buy a ticket or watch on TV.

Second, we have been only been in 1 game this year where we had no shot at winning, the Penn State Game. How often has that happened in the last 40 years? We could have won against Cal, WI, ILL, and even OSU. You must not remember the close game or losses to MAC teams or the blowouts to Mich, OSU, Penn State, Nebraska, OKLa, etc. This year the games have been exciting and competitive that is more than worth your money if you spent any. We are better off this year than we have been since 2003 and most of the years before that.

Third, the poor talent/skill/depth matchup put the OSU game in the "no shot at winning" category imho.

Fourth, G fans have the Right not to buy Bank tickets if G fb sports entertainment is not competitve and exciting...that happened at W-Arena under Monson...which will obviously compromise Brewster's tenure.

Fifth, although not a Right, GN does have the expectation that the only D1 fb program in the state will be managed by a competent, experienced D1 HC capable of above-average recruiting ability, above-average coaching staff presence, player development skills and proven on-field generalship. At this point, while the recruiting expectation is being met, GHers/GN have their doubts about the last three expectational items.

I love when people play this game on paper. You connect the dots and say what if we had done this and that differently. Eventually you have to come to the realization that coaching and execution are the reason that we are 5-5. We're going to be playing in the same bowl game we did 3 years ago and we're once again a mediocre college football team.

I love when people play this game on paper. You connect the dots and say what if we had done this and that differently. Eventually you have to come to the realization that coaching and execution are the reason that we are 5-5. We're going to be playing in the same bowl game we did 3 years ago and we're once again a mediocre college football team.

Agreed...but Brew's improved recruiting vs past regimes does take the edge off that reality a bit and offer GN the possibility of a "mediocre plus" future.

Top Bottom