WCCO: Gophers' Amaya Battle sees success on the court as player and photographer

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per WCCO:

It's a Saturday afternoon in January. A top high school hoops matchup is being played in a crowded gym. Battle is there to document it.

"It's a great outlet. It takes your mind off of things, and it kind of just slows your world down," Battle said. "Your world can get really hectic with basketball, especially with school, so having an outlet that slows it down is great."

As the point guard for the Gophers, it's usually Battle who is the subject of sports photography, but lately she's reversed roles — shooting games with an expert eye.

"I feel like most hoopers like a certain kind of picture, you know, the one where you're standing off or something, or a cool action shot. And it definitely helps that I know the game so I can anticipate what's about to come and be ready for the shot," Battle said.

Go Gophers!!

As somebody whose hobby is photography, I loved the story; but Amaya came off really well, very thoughtful and committed to whatever she does. Yet another reason that makes this team so easy to cheer for.

Well that confirms it was her I saw last night at the Mpls Institute of Arts at the Native photography exhibit.
Wasn't sure because I didn't want to look creepy.😄

As somebody whose hobby is photography, I loved the story; but Amaya came off really well, very thoughtful and committed to whatever she does. Yet another reason that makes this team so easy to cheer for.

+o4

Well that confirms it was her I saw last night at the Mpls Institute of Arts at the Native photography exhibit.
Wasn't sure because I didn't want to look creepy.😄
And you made it home safe! Off topic board sends you ts and ps.

Top Bottom