WBB: NCAA Tournament 2016

Ya baby. What a job by Scott Rueck. Six years he started with two scholarship players after a mass player exodus caused by his predecessor. The school considered not even fielding a team his first year. He recruited out of the rec center and cobbled together a team that won nine games. Back to back PAC 12 championships and now a trip to the final four by playing great defense and recruiting for brains as well as skill. Very proud of this team. Too bad they get U Conn. first. Go Beav's!

There has been debate lately if UConn's dominance is bad for the game. There has been those saying things like "nobody is complaining about Golden State's dominance". An interesting stat I recently saw (I don't know where I originally saw it but I did just figure it out and it is correct) is that if Golden St. doesn't lose a single game the rest of the way, including the playoffs, they would still end with a lower winning percentage than UConn has had over the last 23 seasons combined! In those 23 seasons, they've gone a combined 791-56, a .934 winning percentage. The best Golden St. can do is 91-7, a .929 winning percentage.

Top Bottom