WBB: Gophers v Iowa-B1G Game 14 (2/15)

If they ( The NCAA fu-kheads) don't get this kid in the tourney they should have their nuts cut off.

A great player can certainly help limit the impact of the deficiencies of a team and that's kind of what Banham is doing for this squad right now. The Gophers really don't get much out of their post players offensively or defensively. The defense has had a couple good games but most of the time it has been a struggle and they aren't a very good rebounding team at all. Yet they have continued to overcome those issues and get wins. Banham has absolutely carried this squad with some help from Wagner most of this year and I think that will have to continue if they are going to have a chance at the NCAA tournament.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

espn bracket guy

Click bait Tweet by a guy who has nothing but his "brackets" page as a claim to fame. He's just being a dick because he has 5-9 Iowa as one of his "Last Four In." And, yes, I don't like the Creme and his tired act much.

If they ( The NCAA fu-kheads) don't get this kid in the tourney they should have there nuts cut off.

That's the wildcard that will move the Gophers off the bubble (assuming they play decently over the next couple weeks). They absolutely do want her in the big tournament.

If they ( The NCAA fu-kheads) don't get this kid in the tourney they should have there nuts cut off.

How many times have I told you to quit beating around the bush?:rolleyes:

A great player can certainly help limit the impact of the deficiencies of a team and that's kind of what Banham is doing for this squad right now. The Gophers really don't get much out of their post players offensively or defensively. The defense has had a couple good games but most of the time it has been a struggle and they aren't a very good rebounding team at all. Yet they have continued to overcome those issues and get wins. Banham has absolutely carried this squad with some help from Wagner most of this year and I think that will have to continue if they are going to have a chance at the NCAA tournament.

ladies need to get the rest of the team involved early in games.

Hedstrom does a lot of nice 'dirty work' underneath.

Click bait Tweet by a guy who has nothing but his "brackets" page as a claim to fame. He's just being a dick because he has 5-9 Iowa as one of his "Last Four In." And, yes, I don't like the Creme and his tired act much.

Let him play Banham 1-1. We are in reality that we do not have a post presence and after seeing photos of AZB in her team Sweden jersey I keep thinking of this team if they had her. The game tonight was a great atmosphere with a fun crowd. The band was super in to it- must have been the pink T's. After watching her rain magic again- Banham 4 President!!!!!.

Also, a great pick by Edwards on the final shot. She picked 2 players.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A great player making a great play producing a great moment. Thanks RACHEL!!!

Man that was fun-my voice needs a little recovery time.

The Gophers finally got the game sped up in the second half. In the first half, the Hawkeyes really held on to the ball. For a while the Gophers just kept fouling the post players.

One Note: someone asked about Garven. Danielle played 2 minutes in the Nebraska game and scored on a nice jumper.

National player of the year? I've never seen anything like her.

Banham's game-winner was #7 on the Sportscenter Top 10.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shooting their way to victory (10-4 in the B1G): (Iowa is now the fifth team eliminated from catching the Gophers)

Minnesota:
From the field: 33-73 (45.2%)
From Three: 10-19 (52.6%)
From the line: 2-3

Iowa:
From the field: 28-71 (40%)
From Three: 4-19 (25.0%)
From the Line: 16-16 (almost won the game for the Hawkeyes)

Starters: (The Usual)

Lamke
Banham
Starr
Bailey
Wagner

Minutes Played:

39 Banham: 35 points, 9 rebounds, 8 assists, 1 turnover, the GAMEWINNING THREE!
38 Wagner: 17 points
33 Edwards: 6 important points and 9 rebounds
26 Mullaney
20 Hedstrom: Battled the Iowa posts and fouled out
19 Starr
18 Bailey
4 Barnes: Karley subbed in and out so often I thought she played more
3 Lamke

Stollings and Dawkins: (I’ll give them each 40 minutes because they were probably as happily tired as their players)

Great game tonight. Started watching the game by myself, by the time the 4th rolled around the entire family was huddled around the tv. Banham is fun to watch.

Game clock at 1.0, shot clock at .9.

Onions!

The review took longer than needed. I wonder if the extra time was because the two clocks weren't synced. The actual shot clock was off because there were only about 8 seconds(?) left when the Gophers got the ball.

Now that I took .9 seconds to think about it, the game clock is 00.9 the scoreboard clock showing 1.0 is irrelevant.

Would appreciate if someone else can confirm what I noticed in that game. Was watching with my family and we noticed that there appeared to be a mistaken 2 additional points given to Iowa during the fourth quarter that were not removed from the score. It occurred around the sequence in the fourth quarter where Iowa stole the ball for an easy layup. Prior to that bucket, Iowa had 66 points, the basket would have put them at 68 but then out of nowhere their score jumped to 70. Did anyone tape the game and if so, would you check to see if what I believe I saw actually happened? If so, gophers should have won by 2 additional points.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The review took longer than needed. I wonder if the extra time was because the two clocks weren't synced. The actual shot clock was off because there were only about 8 seconds(?) left when the Gophers got the ball.

Now that I took .9 seconds to think about it, the game clock is 00.9 the scoreboard clock showing 1.0 is irrelevant.

Just pointing out the clocks weren't the same. Glad the shot was off in plenty of time.

Would appreciate if someone else can confirm what I noticed in that game. Was watching with my family and we noticed that there appeared to be a mistaken 2 additional points given to Iowa during the fourth quarter that were not removed from the score. It occurred around the sequence in the fourth quarter where Iowa stole the ball for an easy layup. Prior to that bucket, Iowa had 66 points, the basket would have put them at 68 but then out of nowhere their score jumped to 70. Did anyone tape the game and if so, would you check to see if what I believe I saw actually happened? If so, gophers should have won by 2 additional points.

Iowa should have had 68 coming out of that timeout, as they had scored just prior to it, but BTN forgot to add it. They realized their mistake after a couple minutes. We didn't get to see the Barn's scoreboard on TV during that stretch.

I just rewatched that part of the game, and you're correct that Iowa seems to get credit for two baskets after Iowa's breakaway basket with 1:34 left in the game. After these four points, Iowa's score becomes 70, just as you had mentioned. However, the additional two points appear to be for a basket that Iowa made with 3:00 left in the game that they hadn't received points for before. Good thing Banham made her buzzer-beater! Go Gophers!

I just rewatched that part of the game, and you're correct that Iowa seems to get credit for two baskets after Iowa's breakaway basket with 1:34 left in the game. After these four points, Iowa's score becomes 70, just as you had mentioned. However, the additional two points appear to be for a basket that Iowa made with 3:00 left in the game that they hadn't received points for before. Good thing Banham made her buzzer-beater! Go Gophers!
Ah... I must have been in the fridge grabbing a beer at 3:00 left. I clearly missed that.

Such a fun, if nervous-making, game. And a bonus was that the Iowa defender who was stopped by the Edwards screen was Ms. Whinyface herself. (Anyone else think Edwards could have been called for a moving screen, btw, if everything hadn't been happening so fast?)

Such a fun, if nervous-making, game. And a bonus was that the Iowa defender who was stopped by the Edwards screen was Ms. Whinyface herself. (Anyone else think Edwards could have been called for a moving screen, btw, if everything hadn't been happening so fast?)

Edwards set 2 moving screens, but who noticed!

Top Bottom