Way-too-early ranking of Big Ten receiving corps ahead of the 2024 season (14. Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Sam:

14. Minnesota
  • Top receivers: Daniel Jackson, Le’Meke Brockington, Elijah Spencer, and Quentin Redding
The Golden Gophers will need to capitalize on their returners this season, especially Daniel Jackson. In 2023, he had 59 receptions for 831 yards and eight touchdowns. As a returner, Jackson should be a standout player for Minnesota. Spencer and Redding will make great additions to the receiving corps in 2024.

Go Gophers!!

Per Sam:

14. Minnesota
  • Top receivers: Daniel Jackson, Le’Meke Brockington, Elijah Spencer, and Quentin Redding
The Golden Gophers will need to capitalize on their returners this season, especially Daniel Jackson. In 2023, he had 59 receptions for 831 yards and eight touchdowns. As a returner, Jackson should be a standout player for Minnesota. Spencer and Redding will make great additions to the receiving corps in 2024.

Go Gophers!!
I don't know if I am misreading this, but it feels like they are saying Spencer and Redding are new WRs for us? Surely I am misreading how they wrote the article

Lazy article. Spencer, obviously, came last year. Redding has been on the roster a couple of years. Doesn’t mention RF Lanier and Nuke Hayes, who will play before Redding. Ditto for Hoskins. Ditto for McWilliams. Also ignores this year’s actual newcomers, transfers Varner and Driver. Why even bother writing such drivel?

Lazy article. Spencer, obviously, came last year. Redding has been on the roster a couple of years. Doesn’t mention RF Lanier and Nuke Hayes, who will play before Redding. Ditto for Hoskins. Ditto for McWilliams. Also ignores this year’s actual newcomers, transfers Varner and Driver. Why even bother writing such drivel?
Off season......and people are desperate for content so they click on it. Anytime the story starts with Way-too-early they are basically saying "we are throwing darts at a board when making this list".

I'm not saying the Ducks don't have a very nice group of receivers for next year, but the "Autzen Zoo" website would probably have the Ducks winning the Big ten hockey title next year and we don't even have a hockey team.

I'm not saying the Ducks don't have a very nice group of receivers for next year, but the "Autzen Zoo" website would probably have the Ducks winning the Big ten hockey title next year and we don't even have a hockey team.
Get on Phil Knight's case about getting a men's and women's program going. He'll get it done.

Get on Phil Knight's case about getting a men's and women's program going. He'll get it done.
Honestly, I just don't see much interest in hockey in Eugene. I think, basketball, football, baseball, softball, track and field, volleyball, soccer, golf, tennis, and cross country will be the primary focus for a while. Perhaps beach volleyball and acrobatic and tumbling will get a boost in the near future.

Honestly, I just don't see much interest in hockey in Eugene. I think, basketball, football, baseball, softball, track and field, volleyball, soccer, golf, tennis, and cross country will be the primary focus for a while. Perhaps beach volleyball and acrobatic and tumbling will get a boost in the near future.
Well that sucks!

Also Redding doesn't have a single catch in his career and has really only been a return man. Zero shot he sees signficant reps at WR.

Well that sucks!
Well I got curious about the Ducks Hockey team. It's a Division I Club sports team within ACHA. I know nothing about college hockey. I do see Iowa St., Rutgers, Colorado, Colorado St., Arizona,
Washington and Western Michigan were on the schedule 2023-24 schedule. I have no clue whether any of those are good programs or not.

For what it's worth, they play in an arena at the county fair grounds and it seats 2,000.

Hard to take any article seriously from a website whose page is 3/4 worth of ads showing stock images of cash, old guys with muscles, illustrations of body fat, and something about a concerning new driver's license policy in your state.

Hard to take any article seriously from a website whose page is 3/4 worth of ads showing stock images of cash, old guys with muscles, illustrations of body fat, and something about a concerning new driver's license policy in your state.
Are you talking to me? uoduckshockey.com if you are interested

I would LOVE if Ducks and Huskies figure out how to add hockey. Heck all four... would make for some great Winter hockey road trips! Could do back to back weekend series in PNW and SoCal.

I would LOVE if Ducks and Huskies figure out how to add hockey. Heck all four... would make for some great Winter hockey road trips! Could do back to back weekend series in PNW and SoCal.
I think the Huskies and Ducks could have very good B1G hockey teams. They are in a hot bed of the Western Hockey League, which is the western half of Canadian junior hockey. Washington state has 5 teams, Oregon has 1, and British Columbia has 5 teams. 10 of the teams are within a 4 hour drive of UW and 2 of the arenas are less than 25 minutes away. Oregon has more of a drive, but all the teams will visit Portland.

That’s a lot of Junior Hockey players to easily see in person. Hopefully, those schools see the opportunity they have to have good hockey teams.

Top Bottom