Way-too-early ranking of Big Ten quarterbacks ahead of the 2024 season (6. Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Sam:

6. Minnesota Golden Gophers​

• Starting quarterback: Max Brosmer
Another transfer quarterback who will most likely take a majority of the snaps for his team is Golden Gopher QB Max Brosmer.

For New Hampshire, Brosmer completed 64 percent of his pass attempts for 3,459 yards, 29 touchdowns, and only 6 interceptions in 2023.

With four years of collegiate experience under his belt, Brosmer could be an elite quarterback for Minnesota in the Big Ten.

Go Gophers!!

I consider this a reasonable take, dude has experience and was solid in fcs. If he ends up being in the top half of the conference I'd say that's solid, but my expectations are high, especially compared to last year's dumpster fire pass game.

I would be happy with 6th, even top half. Gophers have had one really good QB season in the past 10 years.

That's impressive confidence in Super Mario Brosmer.

Rutgers is about right this time too... better than some of the previous rankings that put them pretty high with AK...

Card is ranked too low and I have a feeling McNamara will have a much better year than last year before the injury.

Sullivan just hit the portal so NW probably moves to 18

So looking at all 18 teams

7 of their projected starters are transfers in year one at their new school including 4 of the top 6 on their list.

2 of their projected starters are true freshman

7 are guys who were with their team last year (some of those were transfers from the year before)

2 teams are up in the air (Northwestern, Rutgers)

Really amazing to see how few QBs are guys that are still at the place where they started their college career.

So looking at all 18 teams

7 of their projected starters are transfers in year one at their new school including 4 of the top 6 on their list.

2 of their projected starters are true freshman

7 are guys who were with their team last year (some of those were transfers from the year before)

2 teams are up in the air (Northwestern, Rutgers)

Really amazing to see how few QBs are guys that are still at the place where they started their college career.

Yeah, that’s stunning. Wow.

Are qbs transferring more than players at other positions?

Hoosier State of Mind chimes in:

12. Max Brosmer: Minnesota​

New Hampshire transfer Max Brosmer has a laundry list of accolades from his career in New Hampshire. He most certainly threw the football a lot during his Wildcat career. However, it is likely that he won't throw the football 59 times in one game at Minnesota. Head coach PJ Fleck wants his quarterback to play mistake-free football. The Gophers will run the football 45 times per game, too. That formula worked in 2019, but Rashod Bateman and Tyler Johnson aren't running through the door.

Go Gophers!!

Hoosier State of Mind chimes in:

12. Max Brosmer: Minnesota​

New Hampshire transfer Max Brosmer has a laundry list of accolades from his career in New Hampshire. He most certainly threw the football a lot during his Wildcat career. However, it is likely that he won't throw the football 59 times in one game at Minnesota. Head coach PJ Fleck wants his quarterback to play mistake-free football. The Gophers will run the football 45 times per game, too. That formula worked in 2019, but Rashod Bateman and Tyler Johnson aren't running through the door.

Go Gophers!!
👎🏻👎🏻

Top Bottom