Watching games in NYC

Gophers13

Reaction score
I just moved out to New York City - does anyone know of any particularly good places to catch the Gopher games?

According to the NYC Alumni Facebook page, there have been game watches organized here in the past: http://www.arcticabar.com/

Probably best to reach out to the alumni chapter for specifics though.

A friend of mine out in the area LOVES that bar... However, I just heard from the grapevine that it's closing? :confused:

Hi Gophers13,
Welcome to NYC! Yes, the best place to watch is at Arctica and they have had viewings the last few years for the games. For the big games there is a decent turnout, but for some of the non-con games the turnout can be sparse. I try to go for a couple of games a year and just watch the rest at home (damn Time-Warner just raised the rates again for me to watch the Gophs!).

I work near Arctica and just went past a few weeks ago. Seemed to be business as usual. Best place to get updates on the game watching is the University of Minnesota in NYC Facebook group page. I think there is also a listserv with event updates.

PM me with any questions!

Best regards,
DCGopher

(Yes, my user name is outdated)

I just moved out to New York City - does anyone know of any particularly good places to catch the Gopher games?

Hey, that's not too far (about 12 blocks) from La Pizza Fresca. A fantastic spot run by a "U" alum.

Not a place to watch a game, but I suggest dining there.

Top Bottom