Watched the gajme twice, and...

BigGopherFan

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, I was the idiot who picked against the Gophers vs. Butler. I said Minnesota needed to prove something before I pick them, well, they proved a lot against the Bulldogs.

I watched the game live and then later reviewed the "game film" from my DVR. Here is what I saw, and I'm sure you did too:

-Blake Hofferber and Devoe Joseph are fearless. They were taking shots last night that they never would have taken last season. Hoff air-balled his first 3 and then made three in a row. Joseph stroked those last two bombs with so much confidence. No hesitation.

-In my opinion, Minnesota's offense wasn't as crisp as you might think, but unlike last season, it appears as though the Gophers have players that can create their own shot. The list includes, but is not limited to, Johnson, Westbrook, Joseph and even Carter.

-RSIII was clumsy on offense, but played great on defense. He was also very composed on the line down the stretch. His facial expression never changes. He looks bored and unmotivated, but that's not the case. He's a strong player.

-Colton Iverson finally decided to use his body and displayed some decent post moves. He could have had several more points with a better performance from the stripe. He also missed at least one lay-up.

-Cobbs looks like he has some good touch from deep. Did anyone else know he was the co player of the year in California as a junior?

-I love it that Nolen isn't shooting. I think he gets it now.

I don't mean to be negative about Westbrook because he is our "go-to" guy. But, he had absolutely no handle on the ball in this game . He lost the ball a number of times with handling violations and just plain poor control. No wonder he has seldom been tried at the point.

I don't mean to be negative about Westbrook because he is our "go-to" guy. But, he had absolutely no handle on the ball in this game . He lost the ball a number of times with handling violations and just plain poor control. No wonder he has seldom been tried at the point.

Westbrook is valuable as a scorer, but he needs to limit his dribbling unless he is being guarded by only one player. Too many forced plays when double-teamed. Having said that, he appears to be much quicker than in the past few years and will still (probably) lead this team in scoring.

Yes, I was the idiot who picked against the Gophers vs. Butler. I said Minnesota needed to prove something before I pick them, well, they proved a lot against the Bulldogs.

I watched the game live and then later reviewed the "game film" from my DVR. Here is what I saw, and I'm sure you did too:

-Blake Hofferber and Devoe Joseph are fearless. They were taking shots last night that they never would have taken last season. Hoff air-balled his first 3 and then made three in a row. Joseph stroked those last two bombs with so much confidence. No hesitation.

-In my opinion, Minnesota's offense wasn't as crisp as you might think, but unlike last season, it appears as though the Gophers have players that can create their own shot. The list includes, but is not limited to, Johnson, Westbrook, Joseph and even Carter.

-RSIII was clumsy on offense, but played great on defense. He was also very composed on the line down the stretch. His facial expression never changes. He looks bored and unmotivated, but that's not the case. He's a strong player.

-Colton Iverson finally decided to use his body and displayed some decent post moves. He could have had several more points with a better performance from the stripe. He also missed at least one lay-up.

-Cobbs looks like he has some good touch from deep. Did anyone else know he was the co player of the year in California as a junior?

-I love it that Nolen isn't shooting. I think he gets it now.

Cobbs also got named John Wooden POY as HS senior in Calif.

That's crazy. Makes you wonder why he wasn't more highly sought after.

There are 12's of good players in Calif every year. The recruiting services pick up on a few of them but largely ignore the rest.

The great GREAT majority of UCLA players in 50's - 60's - 70's were little known Calif HS players who got much better in college.

Top Bottom