Washburn - Hopkins Game

GopherLady

Reaction score
I'm surprised there hasn't been a post about this game yet. I was able to attend last night, and honestly, the Washburn gym put the SDSU game at The Barn to shame. Both teams were absolutely fired up, as were the crowds. I was going to write more of a detailed update, but there are two recaps that I found that did a great job:

Crown Royal over Miller Lite

Hopkins wins tough road test

I obviously wanted Royce to do well, and was cheering for him - but you just couldn't help pull for the underdogs. The Millers starting 5 were really strong, but they just didn't have the bench that Hopkins had. Even though they were smaller than Hopkins (Ra'Shede Hageman excluded from that list) they were really fast, had some good shooters, great ball movement, and were good defenders. It was a really fun game to be at, it's amazing the quality of HS bball we have in the state this year. Instead of forking over $35+ for college or NBA hoops, spend the $6 for a high school game!

It also should be noted, that Coach Lewis and Butler from the Football coaching staff (I'm 95% sure it was those two) were also at the game, I'm sure to show support for Hageman.

Btw - I can't remember who mention their tacos in a bag, but I tried one, holy delicious!

Top Bottom