Was Trevor Mbakwe Mishandled by Minnesota Golden Gophers' AD Joel Maturi?

Once again wrong. Miami delayed it way more than trevor. And they still haven't completed their investigation.. so it would not have been in trevors control for it to take place sooner. Also.. he did not waive his right to a speedy trial. You file for a speedy trial. And a lot goes into that.. for instance.. people who are in jail use that ammendment but trevor was not in jail. The police did not contact him for a long time after the incident. It was not in his best intrest to go right to trial.. in some cases it is. Although when defending oneself it is wiser to gather your witnesses.. give depositions.. look over evidence.. file motions.. it would have been dumb to have a speedy trial. It was never considered and usually is not in cases like this. So.. to address your statement.. trevor had to part in the postponing of his trial.. and never filed for a speedy trial bc it was not the best option for his case. And the last postpone was not trevor either.. the case does not even has a judge right now.

At the obvious risk of debating with a brick wall................

Once again wrong. Miami delayed it way more than trevor.

Maybe so, but if Trevor wanted this over with, it would be over.

And they still haven't completed their investigation.. so it would not have been in trevors control for it to take place sooner.

I believe this is patently untrue (the part about it being completely out of Trevor's control).

Also.. he did not waive his right to a speedy trial. You file for a speedy trial.

Semantics. Same thing as waiving it.

It was not in his best intrest to go right to trial.. in some cases it is. Although when defending oneself it is wiser to gather your witnesses.. give depositions.. look over evidence.. file motions.. it would have been dumb to have a speedy trial.

YEAH. I KNOW. That's why Trevor delayed it repeatedly.

trevor had to part in the postponing of his trial.. and never filed for a speedy trial bc it was not the best option for his case.

YEAH. I KNOW. That's what I've been saying this entire string of messages. You've been arguing the opposite.

And the last postpone was not trevor either.. the case does not even has a judge right now.

I didn't say every delay was requested by Trevor. I said Trevor repeatedly asked for delays and if he wanted the case to be concluded, he could have had that done long ago. Jesus.

Okay.. unnecessary. The only part that matters is what you said at the end. If he wanted it concluded he could have done that long ago. Wrong. I'm done arguing with you. The trial could not have taken place sooner than this month due to the prosecution. Like I said they still do not have a judge bc other cases are taking priority. You don't know what your talking about. The end.

Jake - Jake - Jake. Try this on. One ssssllllllooooooowwwww step at a time.

Are you there Jake?

If TM asks for a speedy trial and gets it. He has no alibi defense because he cannot quickly get his witnesses testimony together. It takes time to organize due to scheduling conflicts around bb seasons, a limit on the ability to finance a defense. and logistical hurdles due to the nationwide situs of the various trial components.

Are you with me Jake?

If TM has no alibi defense, it is his word against hers and he left the state shortly after the alleged incident. Why would TM want to rest his defense w/out producing alibi witness testimony? Without it, it would have been a 'he said - she said' situation and he would not have presented testimony that corroborates his 'he said'. If it were you, would you have requested a speedy trial so that you could take a chance in her backyard on her tearful victim presentation versus your potentially intimidating presence and denial without anyone to speak on your behalf?

Are you tracking this Jake?

gopherfan1 says she is close to TM and she believes in him. She sounds sincere, honest and confident.

Just because we are bombarded daily with propaganda from politicians who insult our intelligence and evidently cannot believe that any thoughts other than their own could possibly be true, doesn't mean that everyone is lying. I doubt that anyone is lying here. I just seems to me that the victim could easily be mistaken.

Why can't you conceive of that potential Jake?

I'm gonna break this down piece-by-piece for you MN1nAZ, so you can understand. Also, to condescend a little bit more than you did to me......

Jake - Jake - Jake. Try this on. One ssssllllllooooooowwwww step at a time.

Are you there Jake?

Yep.

If TM asks for a speedy trial and gets it. He has no alibi defense because he cannot quickly get his witnesses testimony together. It takes time to organize due to scheduling conflicts around bb seasons, a limit on the ability to finance a defense. and logistical hurdles due to the nationwide situs of the various trial components.

Are you with me Jake?

Yep.

If it were you, would you have requested a speedy trial so that you could take a chance in her backyard on her tearful victim presentation versus your potentially intimidating presence and denial without anyone to speak on your behalf?

Nope. But, I would also understand - as it appears Trevor has for the most part - that there is no way that Maturi could have let him play while the pending state of the case is due to delays on Trevor's part.

ALL I EVER SAID ABOVE IS THAT IF TREVOR WANTED THIS CASE OVER QUICKLY - ONE WAY OR ANOTHER - HE COULD HAVE STOPPED THE DELAYS AND GOTTEN A TRIAL. THE DELAYS ARE IN LARGE PART DUE TO TREVOR REQUESTING THEM. AS LONG AS THE DELAYS ARE BEING REQUESTED BY TREVOR, THERE IS ZERO CHANCE THAT MATURI WILL LET HIM PLAY.

If TM has no alibi defense, it is his word against hers and he left the state shortly after the alleged incident. Why would TM want to rest his defense w/out producing alibi witness testimony? Without it, it would have been a 'he said - she said' situation and he would not have presented testimony that corroborates his 'he said'. If it were you, would you have requested a speedy trial so that you could take a chance in her backyard on her tearful victim presentation versus your potentially intimidating presence and denial without anyone to speak on your behalf?

Are you tracking this Jake?

Yep.

gopherfan1 says she is close to TM and she believes in him. She sounds sincere, honest and confident.

Can't argue with that.

Just because we are bombarded daily with propaganda from politicians who insult our intelligence and evidently cannot believe that any thoughts other than their own could possibly be true, doesn't mean that everyone is lying. I doubt that anyone is lying here. I just seems to me that the victim could easily be mistaken.

Why can't you conceive of that potential Jake?

Never said I couldn't. In fact, I think that is quite likely.

I've said this multiple times, but I'll say it again.

Without the Royce White sideshow, I believe Trevor would have been cleared to play last year.

You are assuming that Maturi made the decision(s). He may have been told how they were going to be handled.

You are assuming that Maturi made the decision(s). He may have been told how they were going to be handled.

Board of Trustees, President Chief Executive Officer & donors likely had heavy influence on the decision... Regardless, I agree with Mike S that the Royce White sideshow altered how they handled Trevor's situation.

We aren't talking about a speeding ticket. This thing was supposed to go to trial last winter. It would have been monstrously irresponsible and selfish for Maturi to put TM under that much pressure when much more was at stake than basketball.

If he had known this thing would go on this long, he may have taken a different approach. Nobody knew when Maturi made his decisions what the time frame would end up looking like.

He also did not waive his right to a speedy trial. There were a couple of the many delays requested by trevors lawyer.. not trevor.. because trevors key witnesses were out of the state. And it is very expensive to subpeona out of state. Please stop talking about the case like you know it. All you know is what you see online or in the paper. Ignorant. I am with him everyday.. and have been in every step of this case. So if you keep stating false facts I will be here to correct you. If trevors lawyer hadn't postponed the trial.. guess what? It would have still been postponed .. actually.. the prosecution still hasn't gone to the scene of the crime or given me my deposition.. so shhhh. Thanks again :)

Same difference. The lawyer works for Trevor and Trevor could tell him to push for a trial date. Joel has handled Trevors case just fine, the dude likely hit a girl in the face and tried to pull her underwear down, I think we can wait out a trial before letting him play.

Top Bottom