Wally Ellenson opens his track season

RunGopherRun

Reaction score
For those who care about Wally's other endeavor, he opened the season today at the Hamline Invite jumping 2.17m or 7'1.5"!! I knew that he was going to jump today, but I would have never thought he would have opened the season with an all time best jump.

I know that one of the reason's that he chose the U was because Tubby was going to allow him to high jump after the basketball season ended. I wonder if Pitino will honor this request of Wally, or if he'll put the kibosh on that venture.

I'm sure he'll let him do it. It's not like it's a sport where there is a significant risk of major injury.

Wow! Incredible! How on earth did he open with a PR? Congrats Wally

Congrats to Wally. Looking forward to seeing what type of impact he can have next season. I think Coach P's style will suit him well.

Not that this is at all basketball related, but the fact that Wally opened his season with a personal best is probably all related to the quality of track coaches we have.

Not that this is at all basketball related, but the fact that Wally opened his season with a personal best is probably all related to the quality of track coaches we have.

True, we have very, very good coaches. Facilities need improvement (where have i heard that before?) but the coaching and strong HS track programs in the area keep the program very good.

Top Bottom