Walking the Fence - Where was Tubby's Leadership???

How much more of a public statement do you need than for Maturi to say "don't expect Royce to play this year?" Is that public enough for you? QUOTE]

How about "Royce is suspended for the current year" or "Royce will not be playing this year"
What you quote him as saying seems like an opinion rather than a statement or a decision. I would expect an AD to say what he means and mean what he says.

For the Anti-RW crowd on this post, you are going to get your wish! Then you can be rest assured that you will be watching the continued mediocrity of Gopher Athletics. You all and the Joe Matury's of the world can feel real good about your self serving insecure positions regarding student Athletes. etc etc etc

The lack of coherent thought in this "post" boggles my mind. Just when you think it's safe to come back ... ... the "foolometer" pegs and the warning klaxons go off!
whistilin.gif

If Maturi says what he means and means what he says, then he too should be accountable for the free fall the Athletic Dept is in---hence--he should be removed and held to a standard! ....you want to punish ROYCE and hold him accountable for accusations. How much more should Maturi be accountable for actual dismal results!...FIRE HIM!

This program is a joke and this BB year is a total disaster...it is a shame because it didn't have to be.

the reason you don't get Rick is because mediocrity is your standard for excellence.

How much more of a public statement do you need than for Maturi to say "don't expect Royce to play this year?" Is that public enough for you? QUOTE]

How about "Royce is suspended for the current year" or "Royce will not be playing this year"
What you quote him as saying seems like an opinion rather than a statement or a decision. I would expect an AD to say what he means and mean what he says.

That's fair. I just never thought for one second that the suspension was going to lifted at any time during this season. In retrospect, Maturi probably could have said something along the lines which you already stated. But I don't think the issue in this case is with how Maturi and Tubby handled it.

millions2spare said:
...it is a shame because it didn't have to be.

Dude, you are jaded. Bring back Clem too?

No--if we used the rule of law as the standard vs someones IDEAL--we would have had a great Bb season....

"I really don't care about their personal life either. I don't care about their course load, their like ability, or the status of their character. That is for their mentors and coaches to deal with...All I really care about is the Gophers making the NCAA Tournament and winning basketball games."

This is what you call having "higher standards" and "higher expectations"? Nice. At least we now know what your true priorities are.

This program is a joke and this BB year is a total disaster...it is a shame because it didn't have to be.

If only those fools would give RW his props, he would lead this team to the promised land...

Then when cutting down the net after the National Championship game Tubby would have turned
to Royce and said "You didn't just teach me about basketball, you taught me about life".

Heh.

cryptic

If only those fools would give RW his props, he would lead this team to the promised land...

Then when cutting down the net after the National Championship game Tubby would have turned
to Royce and said "You didn't just teach me about basketball, you taught me about life".

Heh.

Excellent second post.

:clap::clap::clap:

Moses87...Allow me if I may. When and IF you ever have a job in which you are reporting to a superior...As soon as you go against your immediate supervisor's instructions, you will, and I mean WILL, be fired for insubordination. Period. Welcome to the real world.

unfortunately tubby is not going to have a chance to teach rw about life because of the idiotic moral standards placed on a 19 year old. You may not like his attitude, his MOA mistake, his Jwalking charge, his class load,his GPA (These are all irrelevent qualities people dislike about RW per other posts). But the facts are he has not been convicted of a felony, has not been arrested, only accused but is in fact a student with a 3.4 gpa in good standing and a hell of a Basketball player. If the standards the AD set were based on Innocent until proven Guilty. --hence The RULE of LAW--Tubby would have a chance to teach him the greater life lessons!

Sorry to be blunt.

I have absolutely no sympathy for Royce White.

When someone has a long history of making making poor decisions, getting into trouble, and making life difficult for those around you, don't expect things to go smoothly for you in your attempt to regain your stature.

He cr@pped in his bed. Now he has to sleep in that ugly mess. With everything he's done over the past 3 years, it should be expected that a long, tough road be navigated before he earns back his credibility and warrants playing time at the 'U'. Habitually making poor decisions on and off the court is on him and so is everything that happens thereafter. Could it have been handled better by Maturi and Tubby? Possibly but that's a such a small footnote in the Royce story compared to what is expected of him. This is 99% Royce's fault for the current situation he finds himself in.

Post of the year Pewter.

If the standards the AD set were based on Innocent until proven Guilty. --hence The RULE of LAW--Tubby would have a chance to teach him the greater life lessons!
If the U had yanked their scholarships or threw them off the team, I'd agree. Suspending them from play pending court outcomes is reasonable, IMO.

Sorry to be blunt.
Nobody minds you being blunt. It's the vapid and sophomoric parts that are annoying. BTW, if you're going to champion Trevor's cause, you might try spelling his last name correctly. In all your multiple choices, it's still eluded you: Mbakwe

We assume there was a breakdown in communication because we are comparing things RW has said with things Tubby/Maturi have said, or not said.

Only problem with that argument is that it assumes Tubby/Maturi can and should be telling the public everything. That’s just not the case. I can guarantee you that there is legal counsel involved at this point.

We may never know what happened. Nor should we.
/snip/
This isn’t a Law and Order episode people. We are never going to have all the facts. Nor do we have the “right” to know exactly what happened.

I am not asking you to take one side or the other. I am just asking you to take 5 steps back and ask yourself, “Huh, maybe we don’t have all of the facts here." And maybe there are good (or legal) reasons for that.

RW is in the position to stand up in front of the world and say anything he wants. YouTube videos, courthouse step speeches, twitter, etc, etc. He can say anything he wants about whatever he wants. The U of M is not in that same position.

Nicely stated.

Top Bottom