Visiting fans here and Gophers on the road

Maroon92

Reaction score
Besides Iowa and Wisc-- which other teams use there total allotment of visiting team tickets regularly. I would guess, Michigan and OSU, but i don't recall huge contingencies of the other teams in past years. I am assuming Air Force will not use all of them and California I am not sure about.

When do single games tickets go on sale for those returned by other teams. I am hoping they go on sale the day of to avoid scalpers/brokers getting a big chunk of them and letting the average non-season ticket buying fans a good chance to get into games.

Conversely-- do the Gophers always use the their allotment of tickets for their road games. I have not been to a road game yet would like to check one out soon. Do those tickets--if regularly sold out go very quick once they become available or are they easy to buy up until a week before the game.

As to the 'when' question... I really couldnt say.

I assume that the waitlisted people who don't get tickets (assuming there are some waitlisters) will have a day or two to claim them, then they would go on sale to the public.

Dont be so sure that Air Force wont sell out their allotment... unlike most schools, their alumni are not localized to a certain area of the country. Plus with the opportunity to see the opening of a new stadium. There are many Air Force Alumni who grew up in Minnesota and still live around here.

When do away game tickets go on sale? I'm looking to go to the Northwestern game this year. Do season ticket holders get first dibs on those tickets? What's the deal with those tickets?

The Gopher sections are always sold out for Wisconsin and Iowa, but otherwise it depends on the situation. I think I remember the Gophers selling their allotment for Illinois this year, but two weeks later, there were plenty of seats for Purdue.

I wouldn't plan on waiting for Iowa tickets, but you should be fine waiting on the other road games. For Northwestern, don't even bother ordering through the Gophers ticket office - just show up outside the stadium on game day and get tickets for half the price. NW is one fan base we've got beat.

don't even bother ordering through the Gophers ticket office

Then we do not get credit for traveling numbers and, you don't get credit on your account. Always buy from our ticket office.

Then we do not get credit for traveling numbers and, you don't get credit on your account. Always buy from our ticket office.

what do mean by "credit on your account". What would that be used for?

For bowl games, I agree. Bowl games are all about how many fans you bring, and how much they spend in the host cities. For road games, I don't think it matters. Northwestern wanted $50 for a ticket to the game there two years ago, ridiculous when you can walk up on game day and get them for less than half of face value.

Top Bottom