Vikings Plan Two-Year Stay at TCF

They have said they intend to heat the concourse. Does this mean we'll have translucent curtains keeping the heat in? How would it work on the stairs to the upper deck?

I seriously doubt they will be heating the concourse areas. They will need to heat the concession(and rest room) area so products and water don't freeze, and I'm sure some heat will spill into the concourse area. Maybe some infrared heaters?

I believe the restrooms are already heated, I recall going in one on a cold October game and it was very comfy.

They have said they intend to heat the concourse. Does this mean we'll have translucent curtains keeping the heat in? How would it work on the stairs to the upper deck?

Infrared radiant heaters similar to Target Field, Light Rail Stations, and Bus Shelters.

41ELj2tEL6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Target Field Bringing In The Heat

If you build an outdoor ballpark in Minnesota, you’ve got to be ready for cold weather. The Twins added an extra 130 radiant heaters this year, which is about $170,000 worth.

“We watched fans and how they utilized the facility,” said Kevin Smith, Twins Executive Director of Public Relations. “We took some notes and made some recommendations to ownership, and came up with what we call Target Field 2.0.”

They had heaters last year, but only in the infield concourse. Now, they’ve added the outfield.

“We did not use those radiant heaters very much,” said Smith. “There were just a few games in April, because we had that beautiful weather last year that we didn’t need to use them. But when we did, they were very popular.”

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2011/03/28/minnesota-twins-target-field-bringing-the-heat/

Yes, the way I understood the plan, the Vikings will be paying to heat the concourse. It really isn't anything out of the ordinary. Like many have said, it will be very similar to Target Field.

Top Bottom