Vikings or Badgers Tonight?

Iceland12

Reaction score
The Vikings number one team in town, heck in the state are playing their last pre-season, exhibition, pretend team game tonight at 7:00. Few starters will see the field for long. The hated Badgers are playing a non-conference game at home tonight against UNLV. A good Big Ten team, not very popular around here, in a game that counts.

I'll have two TVs on but will be watching the Badgers/Rebels for the most part. Anybody else watching the Big Ten team?

As an aside, we were out in Vegas right after the teams played in 2007. We went to the UNLV/Hawaii game. The papers said they stepped-up security big time for the Hawaii game and it showed. They also said that the Badger fans drank the stadium dry at their game! :eek:

Yep, those were real Badger fans all right!:D

UNLV has a bad team this year. The game will be over by half time. As a badger alum and a Packer shareholder the vikings were always fun to watch with Brent "gun slingin" late picks but not anymore. I will watch the Badgers second string get work and be at the Gopher game Saturday as Kill shocks the world! Prediction, the vikings will win one more game then the Gophers this year.

I have a smaller TV under my main one for multi-sports watching but I probably won't even use it tonight. I can't stand NFL pre season. I watch all the Viking regular season games but the only way I will watch a pre season game is if there is nothing else on. And, in this case I'd rather watch Wisconsin beat up on UNLV than watch Viking starters stand on the sidelines with their pads off in a game that winning and losing doesn't matter.

I just love college football so much... I am exciting to watch ANY NCAA action. Looking forward to it.

Split-screen works for me though the sound will be on the Vikes. Curious to watch Joe Webb and Ponder Christian(as Sid says it), and also Marcus Sherels.

The decision I'm trying to make is between staying home and watching various college games on TV or heading out to watch Eden Prairie and Champlin Park play in the heat and humidity. Right now, I'm leaning towards the high school game.

Game four of NFL preseason isn't even on the radar.

By most local accounts, UNLV is fielding one of the youngest teams in the country this year. Ouch.

Year 2 for Bobby Hauck could be a rough one. I think the guy can coach, but it's about as tough to win in LV as it is anywhere in the country. Most are convinced UNLV will just not ever be very competitive in football but who knows...

I'd like to watch both... Is the Wisky game Nationally televised? If not, then I'd have only one choice.

I'm on of the few geeky fans that love watching preseason NFL games. I like watching the no-namers and 3rd stringers play. And in this scenario, I love to watch Ponder and Webb QB.. They both bring some excitement to the QB position for being young bucks.

But, all of that is moot because I'm working this evening. I might be home by 8:30/9pm to catch whatever tail end of the games but that's about it.

I'd like to watch both... Is the Wisky game Nationally televised? If not, then I'd have only one choice.

I'm on of the few geeky fans that love watching preseason NFL games. I like watching the no-namers and 3rd stringers play. And in this scenario, I love to watch Ponder and Webb QB.. They both bring some excitement to the QB position for being young bucks.

But, all of that is moot because I'm working this evening. I might be home by 8:30/9pm to catch whatever tail end of the games but that's about it.

Yes, the Wisky game is on this little network you may have heard of. ESPN.

As to the OP's question, College football all the way.

I hope Wisky loses, its a long shot but it can happen!!! Vikings who?

Gophers all the way!!!

Yes, the Wisky game is on this little network you may have heard of. ESPN.

As to the OP's question, College football all the way.

Ha. Actually I worded my question wrong. I meant to ask if their game was going to be broadcasted OTA.

neither. I'm going to be in sunny LA counting down the hours to kick-off. I suppose we will see glimpses of the Budgies.

I'll be at Jefferson at Burnsville taking in some HS football action instead.

I believe Mississippi State plays Memphis on FSN. UNLV and Becky? Champlin Park would give Becky a better game. UNLV did bring in several JC players to fill positions. The students will be out pounding the coctails by halftime. I'll watch a series or two just to see the QB Wilson play and then switch over and watch the FSN matchup.

The Vikings number one team in town, heck in the state are playing their last pre-season, exhibition, pretend team game tonight at 7:00. Few starters will see the field for long. The hated Badgers are playing a non-conference game at home tonight against UNLV. A good Big Ten team, not very popular around here, in a game that counts.

I'll have two TVs on but will be watching the Badgers/Rebels for the most part. Anybody else watching the Big Ten team?

As an aside, we were out in Vegas right after the teams played in 2007. We went to the UNLV/Hawaii game. The papers said they stepped-up security big time for the Hawaii game and it showed. They also said that the Badger fans drank the stadium dry at their game! :eek:

Yep, those were real Badger fans all right!:D

nope. would still rather watch the hometown nfl team play a meaningless pre-season game than watch butt bielema and the vaggers. fellow big ten team or not.

I believe Mississippi State plays Memphis on FSN. UNLV and Becky? Champlin Park would give Becky a better game. UNLV did bring in several JC players to fill positions. The students will be out pounding the coctails by halftime. I'll watch a series or two just to see the QB Wilson play and then switch over and watch the FSN matchup.

No Twins game tonight so that might be on FSN. They are not showing HS Football tonightt are they? Fox Sports North has a real nice (sarcasm) webpage...it has the television listings through August 31st. Real helpful for tonight...

No Twins game tonight so that might be on FSN. They are not showing HS Football tonightt are they? Fox Sports North has a real nice (sarcasm) webpage...it has the television listings through August 31st. Real helpful for tonight...

Ruppert is correct. Can't speak for other systems but Dish has Mississippi State at Memphis on FSN(non HD) at 7:00.

From what I can tell their actual television channel is showing Miss St vs. Memphis and they are now streaming a few HS games online as per this.

Armstrong / Maple Grove is on. I'll take it.

Arizona St vs UC-Davis kickoff is in about an hour! Check out Vontaze Burfict, the guy is a beast.

Bad, bad games everywhere. Turned to "World's Dumbest". Much more entertaining.

'sconnie up by 41 in the second half still running play action passes with its starting quarterback. What a game.

Top Bottom