Vikes take Gerhart; Decker sinking..

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Great pick for the Vikes as a compliment to AP. Gerhart is a stud and will play in the NFL 10 years.

Thought Decker would be selected by now. Injury concerns are definitely hurting him.

Great pick for the Vikes as a compliment to AP. Gerhart is a stud and will play in the NFL 10 years.

Thought Decker would be selected by now. Injury concerns are definitely hurting him.

Injuries are probably a major concern. He is currently one of the top 10 best available on Kiper's Big Board.

Great for Decker.
A big Whoops on the Gerhart pick, a slow big white kid with no moves? that's always what you want in an NFL player.

4.53 is considered fast? I take nothing that is not sub 4.4 for my skill positions

4.53 is considered fast? I take nothing that is not sub 4.4 for my skill positions

exhibit a -- Ryan Matthews ***pick 12***
exhibit b -- Dexter McCluster ***pick 36***

faster or equal to those two non-white kids that were picked before him ...

Have you even seen the kid play before? I strongly doubt you have. Just give the guy a chance before you strike judgment.

<object height="385" width="640">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RjLh_yO41jw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="385" width="640"></object>

Have you even seen the kid play before? I strongly doubt you have. Just give the guy a chance before you strike judgment.
Agreed, living in the west I got to see quite a bit of Gerhart. Before the Stanford vs ASU game I openly wondered what all the hype was about, then I saw him play and understood. He's a big bruising back who reads his blocks well and has deceptive speed. I think he's a great fit for the Chester Taylor role.

Toby Gerhart:

Reads blocks- check
Pass Protects - check
Can catch passes - check
Makes the first guy miss - check

That is a great pick.

Great for Decker.
A big Whoops on the Gerhart pick, a slow big white kid with no moves? that's always what you want in an NFL player.

You clearly didn't watch Stanford play last year. TG was a better back than the guy who won the Heisman.

Am I the only one who thinks this is a pick to make a 2 man backfield? I don't think he is there to spell AD at TB or fill in as a 3rd down back. There could be some very interesting formations having him line up as a fullback, but with more break-away potential, etc.

You must believe the times in Madden are realistic. There are two RBs in the entire draft with 40's under 4.4 and 1 WR.

I had the fortune of watching Gerhart in person as a freshman. Brothers and I were in South Bend for a game. About midway thru the second quarter, my brother turns to me and says, "who is that #7 running back they have? he's the best player on the field !" I was thinking the exact same thing at the time. We couldn't believe when we found out later he was only a freshman. This kid is a player, folks. As a Vikings fan, I thought it was a great pick.

Re: Gerhart

He's a faster Larry Csonka. He did ok. Love the pick.

Am I the only one who thinks this is a pick to make a 2 man backfield? I don't think he is there to spell AD at TB or fill in as a 3rd down back. There could be some very interesting formations having him line up as a fullback, but with more break-away potential, etc.

Would love to see some split backfield formations this year. We need Brett Favre back for one more year!

Top Bottom