Video: UCLA's Jim Mora gets irate at reporter to start press conf about player death

did anyone catch exactly what happened? what did the reporter do? i couldn't hear what was happening.

I couldn't make it out on the video, but read elsewhere that the reporter was talking on his cell loud enough that Mora could hear him.

It sounds like the reporter was talking on a cell phone or to someone else, which set Mora off. Then, as Mora was bitching at the reporter, the reporter said "go on" in an attempt to get Mora back on topic but that only angered him more.

I couldn't hear exactly what was said but I believe that is how it went down after listening to it a couple times.

What a baby.

Normally, I'd pretty much agree but considering the topic, I think Mora acted very appropriately, I would have been pissed too. A young man lost his life and while a press conference is going on about it you can't take your phone conversation out of the room? Pretty classless if you ask me.

Any reporter who is in a news conference addressing the death of a player, and the mood is somber. TV cameras and recording devices are rolling. And some yahoo, is chatting on his cell phone. He should lose his press credentials. I understand that Mora, returned to finish the press conference. Maybe he took the time to have the reporter removed.

I still can't get over that there are assclowns out there that are still defending the media guy that was chatting on his phone during this. EVEN HIS CO-WORKERS SAID HE WAS A *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#! Mora also finished this presser, minus the rude clown and his phone.

The media guy was no doubt wrong and deserved to be shouted down, admonished, etc., but Mora didn't have to do it in a way that makes him come across like a spoiled child.

There are degrees of inconsiderateness [word?]. It would make a difference whether the reporter was taking an emergency call from his oncologist or ordering a pizza.

Hopefully Mora got it out of his system.

The media guy was no doubt wrong and deserved to be shouted down, admonished, etc., but Mora didn't have to do it in a way that makes him come across like a spoiled child.

I agree but you also have to consider one of his players just died. I imagine most people would blow up in that situation.

There are degrees of inconsiderateness [word?]. It would make a difference whether the reporter was taking an emergency call from his oncologist or ordering a pizza.

Hopefully Mora got it out of his system.

Are you kidding me??? If that were my son who died and his coach would have acted in any other way, I would have been livid. He was talking about his player- a teammate, someone son/grandson/nephew/brother, and the idiot media guy does that- and you are calling the coach childish???!!! You sir, are an idiot.

yeah, that is what impressed me. Mora bites his lip just trying to cool himself. a good lesson for all of us.

I wish more coaches, and players for that matter, treated the media with more contempt. The IQ level of most of the media is just ridiculous it seems, what they feel entitled to, the questions they ask, etc. Holding a tape recorder and a notepad after the overwhelming achievement of pulling down a BA in Mass Comm or Journalism gives you the green light to be a disrespectful moron? Please...

Only ina perfect world where nobody has died.

Are you kidding me??? If that were my son who died and his coach would have acted in any other way, I would have been livid. He was talking about his player- a teammate, someone son/grandson/nephew/brother, and the idiot media guy does that- and you are calling the coach childish???!!! You sir, are an idiot.

I wonder whether you have confused me with someone else.

Sorry Everybody- you are right, that was for dpodoll- course, my mistake kinda makes me an idiot as well :eek:.

D- you cannot possibly fault Mora for his actions. Completely understandable considering the circumstances.

He handled the situation perfectly. Only a tool such as yourself would think the way he handled it was childish. But then again, you're somewhat of an expert on childish behavior.

Oh shut up. He is effing mourning.

It's not often we disagree (as least in my memory), but man, you are way off on this. If that was YOUR son that was being eulogized by Mora, your ass would have been all over that technician.

I was expecting much more of a blowup. I don't think irate is the right word at all. He handled it well.

Top Bottom