video proof why u will not hire leach

If you think a majority of coaches across the nation don't have a foul mouth you are dreaming.

Also, I think Leach has learned from his mistakes down in Texas.

This video pretty much insures that Tony Dungy won't be pushing for Leach.

I think the guy is worth the risk. I had coaches in elementary school who were worse, specifically my 5th grade hockey coach and my 6th grade little league coach. The hockey coach was a mean ba$tard.

This video pretty much insures that Tony Dungy won't be pushing for Leach.

Don't be so sure.

Dungy doesn't like swearing, but that he understands that is a style of coaching. He doesn't approve of Rex Ryan's mouth, but acknowledges that he is a very smart coach and knows the game of football.

Also, this isn't Dungy's decision. He is just a consultant.

Don't be so sure.

Dungy doesn't like swearing, but that he understands that is a style of coaching. He doesn't approve of Rex Ryan's mouth, but acknowledges that he is a very smart coach and knows the game of football.

Also, this isn't Dungy's decision. He is just a consultant.

I should have added a smiley. My comment was very tongue in cheek.

Yeah. I like Leach, but I don't think he'll work out in MN. For better or worse, it's too prudish. You can't go off half-cocked like that here and expect to have the public stand behind you unless you're consistently winning at least 8 games a season. You have to bottle it up like a good Lutheran, project an outward appearance of normalcy and keep the violent rages private.

If Minnesotans thought Glen Mason was an a-hole, wait til they get a load of Leach. He'll make Mason look like Queen Elizabeth II. It's only a matter of time before he blurts out something stupid, and in the age of cell phone cameras it will be all over the news, souring the self-righteous opinions of our PC mangina fan base.

There are better options anyway.

After viewing those clips, and several others on YouTube...

I think I'm developing a man-crush on Mike Leach.

People would actually show up for the Gophers' press conferences, it'd be amazing.

The reason the U won't hire Leach has nothing at all to do with these video clips and everything to do with his mis-handling of a player who was showing signs of a concussion.

I think most of the people who said they wanted Leach have access to youtube as well and have seen most of this stuff.

But hey, did you head, he likes pirates?

See I lik this kinda coach...but I see ur point and have thought about it too. The U is soo damn PC and spineless that I feel lik their afraid of someone lik leach that really just speaks his mind and doesn't give a fu*k. The U likes the Brewster half politician types that don't say anything mean and stay PC at all times. I say Fu*k that we wanna win, change the message and tradition leach would be the best hire.

This isn't the stuff that would prevent him from getting hired. Suing his boss will probably have a bigger effect.

Also, I think Leach has learned from his mistakes down in Texas.

I don't think anyone really knows that for sure until he is coaching again. Someone can say they will change but until they prove it, their words don't mean a whole lot.

I'm not saying the risk is too great to even consider him, but the risk is great with him. The reward is as well and that's what makes him a good candidate.

His outburst was the result of his team finishing an 8-4 season. A different set of standards. Up here we would be throwing a parade.

See I lik this kinda coach...but I see ur point and have thought about it too. The U is soo damn PC and spineless that I feel lik their afraid of someone lik leach that really just speaks his mind and doesn't give a fu*k.
The language is of zero concern to me, as it is to a majority of others who do not like Leach as a candidate. In fact I'd wager it's far down the list of concerns the university has about him, but should Maturi pass on him I'm betting the narrative will almost certainly be that they moved on because NO SWEARS.

wake up folks-leach will not be the coach without dungy's blessing-maturi will not take another walk in the wilderness here-he needs consensus and unanimity on this hire-stop dreaming, leach ain't going to happen

The language is of zero concern to me, as it is to a majority of others who do not like Leach as a candidate. In fact I'd wager it's far down the list of concerns the university has about him, but should Maturi pass on him I'm betting the narrative will almost certainly be that they moved on because NO SWEARS.

My feeling as well. I'll support the selection of Leach as coach if he is named. I just hope those who are clamoring for him now will do the same if someone else is chosen.

I will support just about anyone the U hires with an few exceptions. Unlike a number of posters, I don't go around bashing every candidate for the job and proclaim "no chance in hell". Except Trestman.

2 thoughts:

First thought: Those videos are exactly why Leach should be our coach. Something tells me Leach would consider Brewster a "Fat Little Girlfriend" for the way he tells all his players "you are special", and "at least you gave it their all". Leach says "F*ck that!! We came to win!"

Second thought: Name the two most legendarily successful coaches in the NFL and Collegiate Football. Vince Lombardi and Bear Bryant. Both famously profane individuals, especially with their football teams. End of discussion.

First thought: Those videos are exactly why Leach should be our coach. Something tells me Leach would consider Brewster a "Fat Little Girlfriend" for the way he tells all his players "you are special", and "at least you gave it their all". Leach says "F*ck that!! We came to win!"

Very good point.

And why all the hate on fat little girlfriends?

2 thoughts:

Second thought: Name the two most legendarily successful coaches in the NFL and Collegiate Football. Vince Lombardi and Bear Bryant. Both famously profane individuals, especially with their football teams. End of discussion.

:clap::clap::clap: Well done! :clap::clap::clap:

Please hear the cry from the masses.....

3640025.jpg

We want to win!

Top Bottom